8 Replies Latest reply: Jan 22, 2013 11:29 AM by californian RSS

Platinum vs Premier Platinum vs Lifetime Platinum.

californian Platinum 37 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I just talked to a rewards person and this was explained to me as such:

Platinum is earned by getting 75 nights.

A formula is applied to all platinum's and the top 3% of those are Premier Platinum.  They get the recognition but no additional benefits.

Lifetime Platinum had an old formula and now a new one that says one doean't have to earn platinum every year to enjoy the benefits.

I have been Lifetime platinum for a lot of years and now have qualified again by the new formula but my account has and still shows platinum because I have continued to earn the level.  The reason for this is hotels look at platinum as higher than lifetime platinum since they know that you earned it and are a more frequent stayer.  If I fall below the 75 nights needed to renew platinum than my account will show lifetime platinum.

I hope that I have made this clear!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum vs Premier Platinum vs Lifetime Platinum.
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Thats new to me..I was pretty sure Platinum and Lifetime Platinum were viewed in the same way? If that is incorrect, I would like the NathalieF to clarify this for us Insiders!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

I suppose it is similar to being the CEO of a company or being a CEO Emiritus.  No question that the active CEO would be held in higher esteem than the other. 

My understanding is that they are both platinum and entitled to the same benefits but if a hotel is going to upgrade one of them, the platinum would get it before the lifetime platinum.  That is why my status shows platinum instead of lifetime platinum.  This does make sense to me.  It will probably happen more now that lifetime is easier to get.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

agreed.  relatively, many more lifetime plats = watered down status.  Platinum should be held in higher esteem in my opinion.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Interesting..but I actually thought that the hotels do not see the distinction between Platinum or Lifetime Platinum as only Platinum is shown for both in their system???

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Thats new to me..I was pretty sure Platinum and Lifetime Platinum were viewed in the same way?

That's correct, however the hotel systems do not currently distinguish Lifetime Platinum.

My status in my profile shows Platinum not lifetime platinum.  The rewards person said that is because I earned the status and when I don't earn it, it will say lifetime platinum.

Even though they all have the same benefits, from what I have been told that the hotels would look most favorably at premier platinum then platinum than lifetime platinum.

Does anyone have lifetime platinum in their profile?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...