3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 20, 2013 9:50 PM by alrenaissance RSS

Earning points on a stay paid for by a business?

ctsindy Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We are PE members and are heading to St. Kitts soon for a business reward trip.  We contribute toward the cost of the trip, along with other vendors, but the hotel is paid through one company.  2 things: I know our incidentals will earn points on the Marriott CC, but can we get credit for the 5 night stay? How should we attempt an upgrade...t arrival or prior to going? Directly thru hotel or thru PE Line? Just FYI, there are around 300 people going.  Upper management will have suites, we will have a dinner event, etc. there, so I'm sure a good group rate was had.  Not sure if it was booked all-inclusive, as previous 8 years have been, tho not at Marriotts. Appreciate any advice!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Earning points on a stay paid for by a business?
    alrenaissance Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Hi Ctsindy. I assume you are just talking about the upgrade for you and those in your close "inner circle" of colleagues.

There are a few ways to go about this. In general, a MR member is permitted to get credit for up to 4 rooms (as long as they are staying in one). They, in general (there ar no specifics here) must be the one who pays for it.

Now, I am not sure who is doing the blocking, but after you obtain the rooms, the best thing to do then is to call Plat reservations, and they will tell you if your MR number can be added by them instantly or not. this is property-specific-dependant. Some will allow, others will not. but either way, plat reservations will call and have it added manually for you. At this point, they will also do the upgrade call for you as well. they are very good with this, and I have experienced a lot of success with the marriott reps. They may even get you a room preblocked.

Where you are going, and I am assuming it is the resort there, the time of season will dictate the upgrade availablity. If it is going to be spring, the upgrading in St. Kitts will be somewhat limited. Plat Reservations can get it going for you though. no doubt about it. then, you can always inverstigate this at check0in, but experience has shown me that having the Marriott rep xcall for you in advance will be much more beneficial then calling the property direct yourself. Others may have a different opinion, but mine is based on my personal experience, which is fairly large in this respect.

Good luck to you. I hope you get a nice room (or rooms). Also, some Marriott reservation reps will know more then others, and may give you some insite to a specific property when you call. If I can answer anything else for you specifically, please just leave a follow-up here and I will do the best I can to address it.

-Al

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...