1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 18, 2013 7:59 PM by jkernitzki RSS

Transfer of reward points?

bellat83 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Can reward members transfer points toward a reservation? If so, do they have to be immediate family or can friends or colleagues do the same?sfer

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Transfer of reward points?
    jkernitzki Platinum 2 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Not sure what you're asking here.  Do you mean use points for a reservation, turn an existing paid reservation into a points stay, add to a paid reservation with points, or something else altogether?

I don't believe that you can "convert" an existing paid reservation into a points stay either in advance or during the stay itself, other than cancelling the original prior to checking in and rebooking as points.  A paid stay can be done as a combo paid & points, but I think you have to book it as such in advance. A reservation can be made with points for anyone other than the member, but only over the phone. I've done that for friends of mine a few times.  Very easy, but the online booking engine doesn't allow for names other than the member, hence the phone reservation requirement.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...