44 Replies Latest reply: Dec 12, 2016 7:40 PM by jerryl Branched from an earlier discussion. RSS

The Cosmopolitan and I get along very well

alrenaissance Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Vegas thing is tacky.

The Cosmopolitan and I get along VERY WELL for some reason. They give me just about everything I could ask for everytime regardless of what I have from others.

I am not sure of the reasoning except that my Player's "Identity" card is linked to my portfolio there, and perhaps I get upgrades prearranged through my specific host combined with Marriott Plat. I do not really need to ask for much. Upgrade to wrap-around suite and Wicked Spoon buffet everyday. I am not complaining!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA Autograph Collection The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Autograph Collection
  • Re: The Cosmopolitan and I get along very well
    yosof Platinum 1 Reviews

@alrenaissance     What room did you have to book to be upgraded to a Wrap-Around Terrace Suite?

Also, the mandatory resort fee is new as of 2013... some hotel employees are still not used to that (for example, if you call in asking about wifi not working, they first ask if you've purchased wifi, forgetting that it's now part of the mandatory fee)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Hi Yosof. I will pull up my folio tomorrow and let you know.

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

The fee is new.  the last time I was there, there was no fee.  The same for the Kauai Marriott.  I was on the big island years before they charged a fee there.  I think that was the first on the islands.

Hi there Yosef!

I just looked at my 2 Cosmopolitan folios. Both times I went, the rooms were intially booked under "Terrace Studio" @ $144.00 per night. First time I stayed 5 nights, and the second I stayed 6 nights, but 2 were comped. Wrap-around suites the entire time. I have included a picture or two as a sample of what I had. I thought I was unbelievably lucky in the upgrades each time. I got really nice people at check-in. I got Wicked Spoon vouchers everytime. for each day. They were already built into my room key, which had my Cosmo "Identity" number printed right on the key. Like  have said so many times in other threads on here, I cannot overstate the importance of Getting that membership before you even check-in so they can look at that plus your Marriott status before assigning room. I joined "Identity" the night before I check-in. (I always stay on night at the Renaissance in Vegas because I LOVE the Sunday brunch). So I just ran over to Cosmo first time I ever went there, signed up for "Identity" and then when I checked in the next day they were able to add to my whole "account" structure.

It does not matter totally how much you gamble. Although it helps, you even get player points for the following (and much more):

-Opening doors, such as to the pool

-Any purchases from the gift shops

- All food purchases

- The actual cost of the room itself. (So if you did not sign up for "Identity" first, how would you get the room credit?)

Many more. If I can give you any more pointers, please let me know.

Pic upload feb 2012 108.jpg

Pic upload feb 2012 103.jpg

Pic upload feb 2012 119.jpg

Pic upload feb 2012 112.jpg

MY GIRLFRIEND AND I!

Pic upload feb 2012 097.jpg

Pic upload feb 2012 165.jpg

Pic upload feb 2012 169.jpg

ROD STEWART NEXT DOOR AT COLLOSEUM, GOT TO SHAKE HIS HAND

Pic upload feb 2012 158.jpg!

I should publish this info in it's own thread, as it seems that I am always repeating this. HaHa!

-Al

PS- I think this is the area you can join IDENTITY. If not I have it archived somewhere, an have left it in this forum before. Just do a search in here with key word "Cosmoploitan" (plus I left a lot more hints and

photos around this joint! LOL!

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

Al,

Just ask NathalieF to branch the thread for you, and give it a title so that everyone can easily find your information when querying on destination

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

nice photos!  Looks like a great property! 

Kyle,

After you get married and all settled in, you and the future Mrs. may have to stop up there. I will be able to giver you a TON of little tricks to get you in. That huge room (rooms) which is MUCH bigger then what is just shown there, only ran me a paltry $140 a night. Every night, yet included serious food and many other things in the price. I almost (but not quite! Ha!) felt guilty about the whole thing. Both timesI went!

Cheaper then paying my mortgage when I do the math on it. Do not need differential calculus for this one! LOL!

Awesome!  Fiancee's parents are actually going next month, though I'm not sure where they're staying.  They usually stay wherever gives them free nights. 

My fiancee likes Vegas, so I'm sure we'll make our way there eventually!  I'd love to hear your tips & tricks for Cosmo!  I've heard of difficulties in dealing with that property, etc. 

No problems ever for me. they have been very generous indeed to me, and both stays within the last 12 monyhs. Yeeeehawwww!!!!

I am happy to be off work tomorrow. I am going to continue to clown around on the internet here as my girlfriend is asleep for the night. What time is it where you are? about 5 or 6 pm? I have 11:50 pm here. 9 minutes until Monday!  Nice being off for once. Just did a 8 day stretch filled with many meetings, etc., etc.

I have a really good chance of winning a 2013 Camero tomorrow (Monday) about a 1 in 200 chance. Better then the lottery. I am cautiously optomistic (I do not wat to get my hopes up too high and have them come crashing down). Would be a real bummer. Fingers are crossed though!

I know what you mean!  I live for long weekends!  If I had it my way, I'd be flying around the world having fun at various Marriott (and other) properties and exploring!  It is currently 7:43PM here, so at the time you posted the previous comment, it was just about 7PM here according to the time stamp. 

Good luck to you Al!  That would be awesome if you can win that 2013 Camaro!  Let me know how it goes!!

Thank you very much for your vote of confidence, Kyle. Also giving away a cruise at work. So there are 200 of us, which means I have exactly a 1% chance of winning either a ca or a cruise. Could be worse!!!

Cruise, car, I'd take either!  Again, good luck to you!  Let me know what happens! 

Sledchick Platinum 9 Reviews

HI Al-  The suspense is killing me.  Did you win the car or cruise?  I hope so!  -Sledchick

Thank you for remembering Sledchick. Unfortunately (for me) I did not win either. I had a very good chance, but it is still a drawing. Strange part is that they have not announced the winners, and only said that the winners had been left messages, and the corporate office is still awaiting a reply back (?) What that means,I am not too sure. Maybe they will have to redraw if the winners do not claim by a certain day. Not sure. I am not going to count my chickens, if you know what I mean. If I would have won, I would have been braggin'! LOL!

That was very nice of you to remember. I

Al-  Sorry that you weren't the lucky recipient of a new Camaro; you would have had to post some pictures for us if you had!  You know, posing on the hood and all.  Not announcing the winners is a great corporate PR trick to drag the suspense out and get a little more mileage out of the drawing (trust me on this one).  Maybe one of the winners will have to decline their prize due to tax obligations and they can re-draw your name!  That's a great little fantasy, isn't it?  Sometimes we need these little diversions to get through the day.  Oh well, better luck next time!  -Sledchick

-Sledchick

I just looked and they announced the winners. I think the delay was because in addition to what you said, they wanted to get the "winning" picture, with caption just right. The 2 winners were from New Yoprk, and Nebraska. Thank you for rooting for me though! I have won smaller prizes from them 6 other times though, so "You can't win them all!"

They did send me a $25 ITunes gift card for making the finals. better then nothing!

Al, sorry to hear you didn't win!  I was really rooting for ya!  Maybe next time

$25 iTunes gift card is always useful too! 

Thank you Kyle. Ya know, it is nice to sometimes just have a chance. I know not to get my hopes up too high, and that way I will not be let down. It adds a little excitment to the everyday just knowing that you have a good chance to win something nice (like 1 in 300)

Yup!  That's a very good philosophy to live by!  I take the same stance when asking for upgrades  

But I truly hope you win it big next time!  Who knows, maybe next time will have better prizes

Ditto what kharada46 said!

Howdy all.

I would hope evrybody with the deserving right to get it here would have a better chance then 1 in 300 to get an upgrade. LOL!

I guess that Kyle, and Ms. Sledchick, you guys understand that if you do not get an upgrade, the world has not ended. It is, however, a lot more rosey when you do get upgraded! Now where are my rose colored glasses?  Everybody have a nice day!

P.S. - I know I need to get that darn "Identity" form up. I did find it to put on here, but need to copy and paste it within the next few days. Sorry for the delay AJN1211, I will get that darn stuff up as soon as I get home and piece everything together.

Yessir!  I've learned to not expect things and to assume the worst, but hope for the best!  That way it lessens the disappointment.  This is especially true for me with airlines, as I'm not an elite

Hope you have a great day too Al! 

pmcooper Platinum 15 Reviews

Nice suite!  Stayed in 6693 in the East Tower for 5 nights. Terrific views!

IMG_0129.JPG

IMG_0128.JPG

View of the West Tower from balcony in Suite 6693.

Hi pmcooper!

I am glad to see you got a very nice balcony room with a wonderful view!

I personally do not mind paying the resort fee as based on many things (elite status and a little gambling) in the end a lot of things are removed from my folio.

Did you get any comped Wicked Spoon?

I am a big-time fan of the Cosmopolitan. I have done a lot of different places/things in my 12 + Vegas trips in the last 8 years. Right now COMO is on the top of my list.

Were you assigned (offered or ask for) a host for your next trip?

I did, and his name is Riley. He has sent me a few texts since my last trip about 6 months ago offering me some really nice deals. Emails also.

Nice to see that you had a nice time. Resort fee will not make or nreak a deal for me. Too many other variables.

-Al

Hi Al!

Yes, it was a wrap-around corner suite with a view of the Bellagio fountains and the west tower. This was my third stay at the Cosmopolitan since opening night so the resort fees were a surprise since the suite had been booked since July 2012. It was too cold to use the pools and...I'm not a gym person. Basically I was paying $28.00 a day for internet access.  The good news, after reading a lot of the postings, I just called the resort and got the Wicked Spoon meals comped along with a general $50 restaurant credit (birthday gift ) and the $10 FedEx handling fees!  Ask...and you shall receive!  I was pleasantly surprised. That was more than $250!  Couldn't get the resort fees comped though but now I know what to ask for.

Thanks for the great tips/advice!

dr_vacation Silver

Love the pictures and the mention of the Wicked Spoon. Have you ever stayed in the Grand Chateau / Marriott Vacation Club accross the Strip on Harmon. We got the pool access there at the Cosmo and loved hanging out there.

Dr.,

I thought the Vacation Club property was somewhat off the strip and not very conducive to a fun night life. That was what I heard at least.

Should I be advised as to something different?

Thank-Al

mrjohne Platinum

Wow, looks great!  I've always wanted to stay there if I ever get back to Vegas.  Thanks!

If anybody would like any specific information, including a link to sign up for the Cosmopolitan "Identity" club in advance, or has any specific questions in mind, please feel free to reply to this conversation thread, or email me directly, and I will be glad to comply to the best of my ability. Thanks!

_alrenaissance (Al)

ajn1211 Platinum

Hi Al,

Thank you for your help.  I am interested in learning the specifics of Identity.  Also, I heard there is now a Resort fee for 2013.  Is this charge per stay or per day?  I really appreciate your expertise!

boatpi Platinum 1 Reviews

Resort fee for everyone.  Joining identity can be good.  Look at Cosmo website it details how by playing some slots you earn points to get free buffett coupons.  Wicked Spoon if a terrific buffett.

Resort fee is $28.00 ($25 + tax) per day.and covers internet and access to the health/fitness club and pools.

Location Brand Hotel
        Las Vegas, Nevada, USA Autograph Collection The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Autograph Collection

Latest Cosmpoloitan mailer as of 2/8 (GOT 2 DIFFERENT ONES, BUT ACCIDENTALLY DELETED ONE!)

The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas <identity@cosmopolitan-lv.com>
    6:00 PM (23 hours ago)

to me

Stay, Taste and Game With Us. Web View.

-
    exclusive offer for you
    -
    Offer valid now through May 31, 2013.
    -
    STAY
    YOUR CHOICE - WEEK OR WEEKEND
    Receive two complimentary nights Sunday - Thursday or $75 Resort Credit per night when you book Friday and Saturday.
    -
    TASTE
    A UNIQUE RESTAURANT COLLECTION
    Dine at a true culinary celebration, featuring signature flavors by world-renowned chefs.
    -
    GAME
    100,000 SQUARE FOOT CASINO
    Game on your favorite slot machines in our vibrant casino featuring the latest in technology.
    -
    Call 877.893.2076
    and mention offer code: DNLFQ2

-

-
    upcoming events
    Discover an unrivaled
    concert experience.
    -

-

-
    "hot list"
    - CondÉ Nast Traveler
    -
    "best casino"
    - USA Today

---
    The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
    3708 Las Vegas Boulevard South | Las Vegas, NV 89109
    cosmopolitanlasvegas.com | 877.551.7778

As I see the offer in the post before me (DNLFQ2) I wonder if that is only if booked through the Cosmo website, not Marriott.  I am returning next weekend for 3 days, all under Marriott booking.  The rates are often different, so I need to apply for the look no more comparison rate section.  I received an excellent discount this trip as the Cosmo is offering 20% off for any third night booking, so Marriott agreed then subtracted another 25% under their program.  I seriously doubt Marriott could agree to this new Cosmo direct offer as It is not a discount in rates, mearly a free nights room.  I believe this is outside the guideleines for "Look no More".

I would certsinly be interested to see the results you come up with if you are going to look into that. Will you please let me know how it turns out, as well as what works best for you?

Thanks a million (which is also what I hope you win in Vegas!) 

Here is what happens on Cosmo site:

Reasons for getting this page.

1.  The offer is invalid. (does not exist etc.)
    2.  The offer is inactive.
    3.  The arrival date selected is after the end date of the offer.
    4.  The end date of the offer is before todays date.
    5.  The page attempted cannot be accessed directly.

DNLFQ2 offer currently can not be booked due to one of the reasons above.

My experience has benn to book at Marriott site and check for a better deal.  If one is found, like always use the "Look no More" page to get the 25% rate.  ALWAYS book ahead, way in advance as the price will almost always increase at this hotel.  One night WILL be charged even if you are Platinum like me.  What you receive is the following:

The Cosmopolitan of
    Las Vegas is proud to be a member of the Marriott Autograph Collection and

we are pleased to provide you with the following benefits:

Marriott Platinum
    guest:  

• Complimentary
      coffee & juice daily, 6AM-9AM, in our Identity Suite, West End Tower, Suite
    • Complimentary
      room upgrade upon arrival, (based upon availability at check-in)
    • Platinum
      Check-In Lounge, adjacent to the Front Desk and Vesper Bar
    • The
      choice of one of the following
      :
    • Complimentary
      breakfast for two at Wicked Spoon for one morning during your stay -

“Platinum / Invited Guest” entry available
      Marriott Bonus Points
    • Welcome
      amenity upon arrival
    • Complimentary
      Limousine Upgrade when a Sedan is reserved to/from McCarran Airport through

a Marriott Elite Concierge
    • An
      extended check-out of 2PM to maximize your experience

This is some interesting stuff. Have you been to Cosmo before?

I am curious as to whether you have a host/hostess assigned to you yet. Thjey have the ability to "customize" your offering.

Pretty cool. I seem to actually be able to "negotiate" with them. My last 2 stays has always included the Wicked Spoon buffet for 2 every night of my stay, just by asking.

I have been, and I was only offerred two Wicked Spoon passes on last stay.  I will ask next Friday when i check in.  the 1637 lounge for coffee is dismal.  Basically pour yourself a cup, nothing beyond that.

Here is the latest email today (February 14th, 2013) from Cosmopolitan.

Zac Brown Band Invite!

(By the way, I am going to start scanning these things in so they look right from now on):

Zac Brown @ The Chelsea. Web View.

--------
    exclusive presale offer for you
    --------
    zac brown band
    --------
    THE CHELSEA | SATURDAY, APRIL 27 | 7PM
    --------
    You're invited to get tickets before anyone else.
    THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 14 @ 10AM
    Enter the code: UNCAGED
    --------

--------
    CONCERT
    Experience a unique concert event featuring the awe-inspiring music of the Grammy award-winning Zac Brown Band, fresh off their win for Best Country Album, Uncaged.
    --------

--------
    The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
    3708 Las Vegas Boulevard South | Las Vegas, NV 89109
    cosmopolitanlasvegas.com | 877.551.7778Follow Us
    --------
    All ages show. Subject to change without notice. Management reserves all rights. When The Fun Stops™. Problem Gamblers HelpLine 1-800-522-4700.

© Copyright 2013 THE COSMOPOLITAN of LAS VEGAS. All Rights Reserved.
    You have opted to receive emails from The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. Click here to unsubscribe.
    -

homoviator Platinum

very cool. I was in Las Vegas last week. I stayed at the Ren and liked it because it was out of all the crazy and I was with the family. But this pics and this talk makes me want to go back just with the husband and have some fun Las Vegas style.

For those looking for a quieter Las Vegas experience, the Ren. in Las Vegas worked out very well. I was very satisfied how well it worked for our needs, which was a nice quiet bed to sleep before taking off out of town.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...