12 Replies Latest reply: Feb 24, 2013 4:18 PM by absolutelegend1 RSS

Platinum Premier Benefit 2013 ?

theseeker888 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Does anyone know if there is any benefit at all for the pp for 2013 ?  I try to lookup the benefit page in my account for pp this year is totally blank. So I phone the reward line and they told me there reason why it is blank is because there is really no benefit at all added to being a pp this year.  Before I know they give the 20% off food or something like that this year she told me there is nothing at all.  This is very sad.  Unless there is something else that I do not know ?  Any comment would be greatly appreciated !!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum Premier Benefit 2013 ?
    ryan123 Platinum

There is a special customer service phone number, aside from that you will get the same benefits as Platinum with the same inconsistency between properties.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-including-ritz-carlton/139586-platinum-premier-level-merged-threads-164.html

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jkernitzki Platinum 2 Reviews

Yeah, I'd call that an unintentional truth in advertising moment. 

Screen Shot 2013-01-18 at 9.51.17 AM.png

bigmrm Platinum

An earlier post here (I think by Marriott's mmichelle) stated roughly she "had seen this years PP gift and it's a lot of fun". Not an exact quote, I'm sure.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

so when do we hear about the gift

theseeker888 Platinum

Hi jerryl forget about the gift.  Even the card that we are getting is identical to the Platinum member.  I just received mine 2 weeks ago and I phone and said how come it does not even say Premier the agent told me that the card is identical since the benefit is the same is his comment to me.

fixthepower Platinum 2 Reviews

? My phone app 'digital card' is black and says premier. But how lame if that's all we get. I'm thinking of going over to hilton.

One of my regular spots (50+ nights/year) was really worth it -because its the small things that count and what they did- but I stopped using them last year because the front line staff all left and the new manager treated me like a joe off the street. Even after some of the staff told her 'he is the nicest guy and is ALWAYS here, if he wants an extra cookie we make more cookies or an extra breakfast coupon we give it to him.'

Nope said the new manger-she actually said 'no special treatment for him' [ the point of a loyalty program is what then??] and even would not let me book to far in advance (because I would get a slight cheaper rate then market when I booked so far out, i.e. winter rates during summer stay). clearly this GM/location felt that the plats were not worth it and they did not need/want them. They were booked up most the time at full rate so why bother with the road warriors that want 'extras' like a bottle of water or check out at 1:02 pm

absolutelegend1 Platinum 2 Reviews

For the last couple of years my PP cards have said 'platinum premier' on them.  I haven't yet received my one for this year so can't comment in that.  However, being as I have never used it for anything (not sure why I would?) then it doesn't really matter to me.

It would be great if this year benefit/gift was a little less US centric.  A couple of years ago there was a benefit of 20% off in Marriott restaurants, but this only applied in the States.  No use to me (I'm UK).  However, I haven't noticed this benefit since so assume it is no more.  Also, last year's gift was The Wall Street Journal subscription.  Not really UK customer friendly!

The simple way around this; get rid of the benefits/gifts, and give us PPs 75% bonus on base Marriott points as opposed to the 50% that all P customers get.  I'm sure all PPs all over the globe would be happy with this.

absolutelegend1 Platinum 2 Reviews

Just got my platinum premier card through for this year (which out of interest does platinum premier on it by the way) but no mention of a little gift this year. Thought there might be something in light of Michelle's comments.

Anybody else getting anything? Hoping its not just us non-Americans missing out again.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Gift is a hanging travel bag....like a shave kit size or cosmetic holder with a nice mirror to check out the good looking fella/lady who is hanging it up.

theseeker888 Platinum

Yeah fixthepower I see the black card only on my app also only. Very sad indeed.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

Just logged in to my account and saw i was dropped to Platinum but will be for life. So no free gift but I didn't see i would use it . the WSJ for free was nice last year. Still havent received my card but now i know what it will be

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...