14 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2013 9:56 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Disneyland Paris to Paris-Orly

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

What's the best way to get from Disneyland Paris to Paris-Orly?  My flight is on the earlier side with a 9:20AM departure time.  Thanks! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Paris, France
  • Re: Disneyland Paris to Paris-Orly
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

kh,

Why not consider staying near the airport or at the airport.

Even with a smooth RER ride and then a Metro ride, that trip will take you a few hours.  You will need to be at Orly around 7:30 AM.  That makes for a lot of stress.  The taxi will cost you plenty, and you had better make sure one will in fact be available that early in the day.

Good luck, and lastly, you may want to ask the hotel where you are staying what they suggest!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerry,

we're staying on property to (hopefully) stay for free using Disney Vacation Club points  

I was thinking 50 Euro for taxi might be acceptable as opposed to the stress of trying to get there by rail, but those prices pluto77 found are insanely high!  Thanks for your tip on the airport arrival time and contacting the property!  You and pluto77 always give such great advice! 

Kyle

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Jerry's idea of calling the hotel and asking them is a very good one.  Call prior to your trip.  I've done this a few times, and the person I spoke with has always answered all of my questions.  The call will take less than 5 minutes, and probably cost less than $5.

I've never flown in or out of Orly.  If I had to take the train from the hotel/resort, it looks like it would be RER A (red) to Châtelet - Les Halles, then transfer to RER B (blue) towards Saint-Rémy-lès-Chevreuse, then off at Antony, transferring onto the Orly Val train, which goes to the airport terminal.  You would need to know which terminal you are going to, Ouest or Sud.  A separate ticket is required from Antony to the airport, I believe.  If you contact the hotel/resort concierge in advance, they can probably tell you about what a taxi costs.  I concur that you should allow for 2 hours for local train travel, because of your connections, and ticket purchase (I have seen longish lines at the ticket window at Paris Disney.  You could purchase your outbound train ticket as soon as you get there however and thus be prepared).  The Châtelet metro hub is HUGE, but you're young (it sounds like).  You can do it!

kharada,

check out this website:

Orly - Aéroports de Paris

Taxis

From or to the Disneyland paris - Zone hôtelière - (department 77) : € 71,70 € / € 115,60 (night) - Prices may vary

Allow for an increase of about 15% :

- between 19:00 and 7:00 in the morning (suburbs).

Orly Bus

There is a bus service that travels between Paris Disney (and hotels along the way) and Orly airport.  Cost is €18/adult.

Hours

Disneyland Resort Paris to Paris-Orly: 08:30 - 19:00
    Paris-Orly to Disneyland Resort Paris: 08:30 - 19:30

pluto77,

boy, the RER method sounds like a real pain!  Don't think the other half would want to do that... But that Taxi rate is REALLY high!  The Orly bus doesn't seem to be a viable option because of the flight time too  

Thanks for your (always) excellent assistance! 

Kyle

kh,

Your best best is to email (Or have Platinum hot-line do a three way call!) and explain your situation.  They may have a "Private service" that will take you to Orly for a lot less than a taxi.  I would not put myself thru the stress of the train unless I had done that trip at least once (You could consider a rehearsal, but that would be most of an afternoon)

One thing I have experienced at better dining places in Europe is that they have "Contracted" drivers who will get you to and back from their properties. 

You will not be the first person who has this situation at the hotel.  I just hope they can help you save some time/money and worry. 

I would get on this ASAP, and it's best to call during THEIR business hours to get a credible answer.  Lastly, if you do get ahold of someone at the property, get their name and tell them you will sincerely look forward to meeting them.  If they really help you, take them a personal gift from America.  It really helps to "Have a friend", prior to showing up!

Good luck!

jerry,

Unfortunately the situation is a little complicated since we wont be staying at a Marriott for our Disneyland Paris portion of the trip.  We are planning on staying at Disney's Sequoia Wilderness Lodge, however, per Disney Vacation Club regulations, we aren't allowed to book our room until 6 months prior to our arrival date.  Furthermore, no contact information is given by Disney.  Normally all communications occur directly with Disney Vacation Club's centralized call center in Florida, and in my experience anyway, they are reluctant to allowing guests contact resorts directly.  I didn't think of this much until I started using Marriott more and more, and have grown accustom to their level of service! 

That is a good tip, though!  I was planning on bringing a bunch of things from Hawaii with me to Europe and giving them to the hotel staff, especially at the Marriott properties.  By the way, would you happen to know how to contact a GM or assistant GM at the Renaissance La Defense?  The e-mail contact I got from MR Customer Service isn't responding. 

Thanks!

the only email address that I have for Ren. La Def. is the GM, M. Libert.  Is that what you have, kharada?

Hi Pluto,

Yes, that is the one I have.  I sent an e-mail a few weeks ago and haven't heard back since! 

Perhaps try again, this time asking to have your request forwarded to the concierge team.

KH,

The GM at LaDefense is (Or was) Mr. Wille B., a wonderful host and treats people very well.  All the staff is great, and If you still have a problem contacting the hotel, let me know.

The hotel is difficult to get to by car, but reasonably easy by metro/RER.

If you need detailed specifics on anything, let me know!

jerry,

Thank you!  I think we discussed it before when I was figuring out whether or not to go Disney first or La Defnese first.  If I'm not mistaken it was a RER ride from CDG with 1 transfer or a 60 Euro cab ride...  too bad there's no TGV/Eurostar terminal/station at La Defense that connects to Disney/CDG/ORY!   

KH,

You ate correct.  You still can take the RER from LaDefense to EuroDisney!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...