6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 26, 2013 3:15 PM by ravnwyng RSS

Platinum Premier members are being penalized!!

ravnwyng Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Okay, so when it comes to roll-over nights, if you are Platinum, then you get to roll-over all nights in excess of 75, to the next year; but if you are Platinum Premier, you only get to roll-over the nights in excess of 100 nights.

Please tell me what the advantages are of being a Platinum Premier?  I am one, and I do not see the benefit that equates to the 25 nights of roll-over nights that I lose.

Anyone?

Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum Premier members are being penalized!!
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

rav,

According to our friends (Michellel) at Marriott all Platinums roll over nights in excess of 75. I'm 2 years running as Plat Prem, and it worked both this year and last, for me. If you can share your total nights breakdown from last year, maybe we can help...or give the Rewards folks a call.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

gllobalwizzo Platinum 2 Reviews

Not sure what you are looking at.  I'm PP and this year rolled over 140 nights.  So, I'll add a couple hundred this year and roll about that many again.

Seems like the major difference is if you end up mid way between levels and need a jump start for the next year.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Ravnwyng,

According to the FAQ's on the Marriott Rewards website, PP's earn rollover nights in excess of 75 nights.  See FAQ's for more info.

Elite Rollover Nights FAQs Page

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

It is not 100 nights.  It is 75 nights.  Our rollover nights were 321 this year and I know we had a bit less than 400 nights.  The rollover nights, when added to our total member nights, help us to reach lifetime sooner. 

Last week, our total member nights showed more than 1800 nights, but now show 2215.

These rollovers really helped when my husband didn't travel so much and we really appreciated being kept at elite at those times.  When my husband doesn't travel when he retires, he'll still be LP and we'll still get the 50% bonus for the times we do stay.

I think this is all so generous of Marriott.  Also, at most of the other hotel reward programs we've signed up for, the nights aren't kept after a certain period of time lapsed.  This is also where Marriott is exceptional at keeping track and retaining nights, points, and dollars spent.  Marriott has my loyalty.

floridatravels Platinum 9 Reviews

You must have calculated your rollover wrong.  I am PP and the basis was 75 nights.  Or call MR and they will fix it if their was an error. 

ravnwyng Platinum 2 Reviews

Thanks for all of your replies.  You were correct.  They have changed the way they calculate the roll-over nights for Platinum Premier. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...