15 Replies Latest reply: Mar 1, 2016 1:47 AM by kharada46 RSS

Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Anyone care to share their experiences at this property?  Maybe alrenaissance expert on all things Renaissance! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Los Angeles, California, USA Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel
  • Re: Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel
    exit72 Platinum 1 Reviews

stay there 2x a month, great property and staff, nice lounge, easy upgrade

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

stelzer001 Platinum 2 Reviews

I have stayed there many times, and it is a nice hotel, free airport transit, good gold/platinum lounge, friendly people. Rooms are decent and better than the airport marriott a few blocks away.

alrenaissance Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Hello Kyle!

When are you heading there? This Renaissance is part of my regular at least once-a-year stops which I think you will find interesting. It is newly remodeled, has a great restaraunt, and is really modern in design.

Like each of the Renaissance hotels, it has a bit of it's own uniqueness, which I find both insipring as well as refreshing. There is a lot of modern art and cool stuff on property, which makes a long flight layover more then bareable. Actuallt the entire property has a very modern feel to it. They treat Platinum guests really well, as they have a plethora of amenities (as well as junior suites) which they are more then willing to dish out. They also have 2 what they call "concierge levels" which are open on weekends also (at least last time I was there, one at least is always open)

Are you just staying a day, like heading out of Hawaii, and having a layover, or are you in for more then just a day?

Whenever I am heading through LAX and know that I am going to have a flight delay, I like to plan ahead and try to include 1 or 2 full days at the locatin. Reasoning? They have a really good concierge service which can hook you up on a trip to do just about anything in the area. Since there is so much to do in L.A., I will plan doing a trip to visit famopus Hollywood masions, or that sort of Tourist thing which L.A. does so well, and somewhat entertains "easterners" like me! It is always fun to get picked up at the hotel and go do something like this just because I am in the area. When I fly from east coast to west, I have traditionally stopped for an extra day or two to soak in some different site. This is especially true when I am with a coworker, and we can squeeze in a day, or especially if I am travelling with family. It never seems to amaze people that I have the foresight to plan something like this, but in reality, I already know I can just figure out a plan real quick to find something to do through the concierge. Very good here, and they have literally hundreds of different things you can plan and be picked up at the property to do.

So what brings you to this property? I can give you some specifics if that helps. Just need to know what you are up to.

I used to stay at the Embassy Suites out here back when I was doing the Hilton thing back in the day. Now this is my specified property. Major reason:

You can get a really nice room for under $100. Not bad in this economic climate.

I am glad you asked for me by name, as the folks on this site rarely associate the "al" and the "renaissance" part, so I must say I really feel appreciated! LOL!

Just drop me some hints as to what your intentions are there, and I (and I am sure others) will chime in and try and give you a little "heads up"11

-Al

Hi al,

I figure, the guy with Renaissance in his screen name must really love Renaissance, so who better to ask??!   

Anyhow, we'll be laying over 1 night in November on the way back from Europe.  Our flight arrives at almost 10:30PM and we fly out the next day at 5:00PM.  We've got a friend in LA, so we might hang out with her if we have time.  The restaurant does look really good, though!  Wouldn't mind trying it out if we end up just lounging around all day. 

Does the airport shuttle run 24 hours a day?  Hope so!  I'm sure we won't actually get to the hotel until at least 11:30! 

alrenaissance Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Almost forgot to tell you (yeah, I'm bad),

Shuttle runs 24 hours at this property. Every 25 minutes. No need to call.

Go to the  "red" stand, first stop there, and look for the shuttle which is shared by Renaissance and Crowne Pkaza (go figure, Ha!)

Simple as that. Ver nice people at the front desk when you arrive. I know it is not fro awhile, but any more questions, please let me know!

-Al

homoviator Platinum

@alrnaissance

I'm headed there soon and just came across your entry by accident.  I'm looking forward to staying there after your glowing remarks. Great to hear such a positive report.  I think they may want to improve their pictures.  I didn't feel very inspired after looking at the marriott page for them.  It felt dark and uninspired and until I read this, I had been considering canceling.

I would love to find that parking is free here for platiniums. Any chance?

peymanagement Platinum

I guess this shows the value of keeping old posts active.

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

homoviator, you can ask them to comp parking.  It might work.  Marriott ATL airport comped parking for me even though that's not their usual policy.  I, too, love the LAX Ren.  It's a really nice property with a fun, fresh design and vibe.  The restaurant is great.  We ate dinner there and had the complementary breakfast.  Try the chocolate cake - our kids are still raving about that.  There is a nice rooftop pool/spa and gift shop, and depending on your room, you can watch planes take off and land.  I would stay again for a layover at LAX for sure.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

homoviator unfortunately alrenaissance sadly passed away last year, but hopefully he is keeping a watchful eye on us all from above.  Al was a true gentleman and always full of life, stories and a love of travel, we miss him as well as another Insider who passed nuhusker.

RIP gents.

homoviator Platinum

thanks IAHFLYR for letting me know that Al passed away. clebert, I am still deciding if I want to pick up the rental car that night or the next am, so maybe I'll just wait to see what they say and go from there.

seehear Gold

stayed many times for varying length.  Great for arrive late and pick up rental car next day.  Budget is across the street.  Only reason to consider the nearby Marriott is a very large outdoor pool if you bring kids.

Thanks SeeHear!  It is a great property.  We enjoyed our short stay there, especially with the Jr Suite upgrade

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...