10 Replies Latest reply: Jan 12, 2017 8:19 AM by droma RSS

Qualified credit card points towards lifetime status?

jmessi1 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Starting the new year, I've got to choose between using my Chase Sapphire card and the Chase Marriott card.  Does anyone know if the points transferred from Sapphire to a Marriott account qualify towards the lifetime Marriott status? The Sapphire points are more flexible, but my ultimate long term goal is to get lifetime plat status at Marriott and I'll need credit card points to get there in my lifetime. :-)

Sincerely,

John M.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Qualified credit card points towards lifetime status?
    chetm Gold

I am in the same boat.   Did you ever get an answer to this?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

slamwise Platinum

I was literally about to just ask this same question until I stumbled upon this post. I'm considering signing up for the Sapphire Preferred for their sign-up bonus (40,000 points if $4k spend in first 3 months). If I transferred these 40k points 1:1 to Marriott - would these get added to my lifetime points total?

Jsucool76 Gold

I highly recommend going for the sapphire reserve over the sapphire preferred. The 100k point bonus will be ending soon and then you can downgrade to the sapphire preferred after the first year.

cobusinesstraveler Platinum

Did anyone get an answer for this? I have the Chase Sapphire Reserve card and am curious to know if a transfer of points to Marriott would count toward my lifetime status.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Welcome to Insiders, cobusinesstraveler!  Points earned from spending on the Chase Marriott Rewards Credit Card do count towards lifetime status however, I am unsure about the points transferred in from the Sapphire Reserve Card.  Taking a look into this for you.

droma Platinum

Points transferred from the Chase Sapphire Reserve card do indeed count towards Lifetime Status   Any points transferred from the Chase portal qualify.  The 100K signup bonus on the reserve was a huge boost to my LT point total.

ppino69 Platinum 1 Reviews

Do United Airlines Miles convert to Marriott points that count for Lifetime Marriott Status?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...