12 Replies Latest reply: Jan 23, 2013 3:25 PM by pevers RSS

Rollover Nights

pevers Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Is Marriott continuing rolling over excess nights from 2012 to 2013?

I had a 154 nights (6 rolled over from 2011) in 2012. That would give me a 73 night "headstart" for 2013. I just looked at my account and there were 0 rollover nights, but the category is still there.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Rollover Nights
    californian Platinum 37 Reviews

They just have not posted them yet.  Mine are not there either. Marriott said we would be getting them so I  expect they will be posted soon.  Keep an eye on this site, People will post when they get theirs and if you don't see yours, call CS.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Thanks. I thought that was the case. But, I wasn't sure. Last year, Marriott had announced that it would continue the program. This year (2012), I didn't see the announcement.

they have made the rollover night permanent.

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

Thanks for posting this!  My account just rolled over too, and - wow - I was surprised by that big goose egg next to rollover nights, so you saved me from wasting my time with a phone call. 

sanjuancap Platinum 5 Reviews

I called today because I had 95 elite nights, which means 20 nights about the last threshold of 75 nights. However, only 5 nights rolled over because the equivalent of 15 nights had rolled over the year prior. Marriott's policy is to roll over nights only once.  So, that means that Marriott's best customers create a deficit by staying with Marriott beyond the minimum needed for qualifying.  I should have stayed those extra nights at another brand and build up elite status.  I'll know better next year.

Were you platinum at the beginning of last year?  If not, the rollover got you there sooner.

misterwiz Platinum

I will know better this year - a lot of wasted nights at Marriott

salvatore Gold 4 Reviews

Anyone got the rollover nights into their accounts yet?  Mine still show 0's everywhere.  Just checking....

I got mine several days ago and many others got them the same day.  They sometimes do things for a batch of us and yours may still be coming.  If you are concerned, I would give CS a call to check.

Mine rolled over last week. When combined with the 3 nights I already stayed this year, I've got 76 nights. It's nice to know that I've completed my nights' requirement to remain platinum through 2014 by the second week of January.

misterwiz Platinum

I stayed exclusively at Marriott in 2012 and stayed approx.95 nights.  My account now registers 0 because they say when they deducted my 25 rollover nights, the other nights don't count.  Think I will start staying at Hiltons' where when you are Platinum, your status stays intact. 

gk17 Platinum 1 Reviews

I don't see why your other 20 nights (95 nights - 75 nights for Platinum elite) didn't count unless those 20 nights were rollover nights from 2011 to 2012 (then it won't count). I had 158 nights last year and 18 were rollover nights which means that only 140 nights (158-18) will count. Subtract that from 75 nights since I hit Platinum and I have 65 nights alone at the start of this year. I stayed a few nights already and had some bonus nights (for hitting $3K spending) counted. I'm now Platinum within the second week.

I'm not a regular Hilton person, but I don't recall it ever having rollover nights. If that's the case, this means even if you hit 200 nights a year it won't rollover next year. Meaning, you start at 0 (zero) nights. Marriott at least counts the previous year's nights. Unless you can stay so many nights that your rollover carries over for two years, I don't see why that's a problem.

I do see posts from other members saying they still show 0. My rollover nights posted early last week and if you do have qualified nights from last year, you should see them posted soon as well.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...