1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 14, 2013 7:25 AM by laurac RSS

How do you recognize someone for great service?

phidelt Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I was in Lincoln this week and stayed at the Cornhusker.  They got their Marriott designation back a month or two ago and this was my first stay in almost a year.  It was great.  The location is the best - you're within walking distance of the state capitol, the Haymarket and lots of restaurants.  I really felt like the staff was going the extra mile to say "Hey, we're a Marriott property and we're going to make sure you have a great stay."

Wednesday was the first day of the legislative session in Nebraska.  I made plans to eat lunch in the hotel restaurant with some business associates at noon.  The restaurant was slammed, there was a 10-15 minute wait and they appeared to be a little understaffed.  Everyone was hustling everywhere.  One person who stood out was an African-American gentleman named Tony or Tommy from Wisconsin who was there to help relaunch the restaurant.  He could see us waiting - he came over and seated us.  He was great, very congenial.  He could see we were in a little bit of hurry and got a server there right away.  The food in the restaurant was very good and Tony's friendship made it special.  I apologize that I didn't catch his last name, but Tommy's service was truly exceptional and worthy of recognition.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: How do you recognize someone for great service?
    laurac Marriott Associate
    Currently Being Moderated

Greetings, phidelt, On behalf of Marriott associates around the world, we take pride in providing exceptional service for each and every guest and we appreciate you taking the time to post about this Marriott associate. We’ll pass along your comments for consideration of this associate for Marriott's "Spirit to Serve" service recognition award.

Best,

Laura & The Marriott Rewards Insiders Team

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...