Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

19 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2013 5:02 PM by californian Branched from an earlier discussion. Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Side conversation - troubleshooting and emails

californian Platinum 37 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

They give us web sites to reduce traffic on the phone lines and save the company money.  We like this and use it then they make it so much of a pain that we go back to the phone lines and resent the time it takes..  Then no none is happy.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Side conversation - troubleshooting and emails
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Californian,

Here's something interesting... My email provider is Microsoft.  Yesterday they rolled out a new version of their email hosting software, and it is DRASTICALLY different from before.  Suddenly I couldn't find any of my emails and it was quite (and still is; not used to it yet) frustrating.  This morning I noticed that kharada was responding to some replies that chrisf made in a discussion thread that I have been involved in, but there were no email notifications regarding chrisf's replies, yet I am following chrisf (which is really an aside, as because of my involvement in the thread, I am tracking it by default.)  So I thought, why did I get an email notification about kharada's reply, but not chrisf's?  Then I realized that the reason I'm not seeing half of the emails that I think I should be seeing, is that Microsoft's new email software has all of the emails related to the Insiders thread imbedded (nested), which again, I don't like.  I didn't realized it until I scrolled down the email notification regarding kharada, and low and behold, there were prior email notifications of chrisf's replies, only imbedded in kharada's email notification.  Could that be the case with your email?  Just grabbing at straws here...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Yes, so I just noticed that the new email hosting software defaults to 'view emails by conversation' vs. show emails individually.  When I changed it back to individual, I can see everything again.

I don't think so but appreciate you trying to help.  If we could find the others who are having the same problem, we could look for things in common.  Thanks.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

I've branched this out onto it's own thread to remove the technical discussion from the Is this new Lifetime content understandable? thread.

alrenaissance Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

This is a good branch. We needed a side focus area so that other converstaions were not getting intermingled. Hopefully this focus will cure all problems quickly!

-Al

Good idea!

Cali. You must have just got this alert. Yes? You responded so quickly. Hopefully this quagmire for you has ended.

Wow!  After going through all 111 e-mails that came at once I thought it was over and then there was another delay but it seems to be back on.

I do want to know what happened so all of us can learn from this and keep it from happening again.

I felt like I had a partner with you being so concerned.

Oh I am glad I was able to help Cali!  I am VERY happy this situation is fixed, and that CommunityManager and others were so very responsive. I think they were.

I know it is no fun at all to feel nobody cares, so I thought I would try a few little things to keep you kicking until things got straightened out. Plus I thought it might help with troubleshooting to do a few things. Hopefully they helped.

I am glad you are back and in full force!    - Al

I will be using this branch for awhile in case the other thread was generating some bad issues for some reason. As per Communitymanager's suggestion, which I beleive is a good one!

- Al

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

The issue appears to be related to the internet service provider AOL and their email accounts. There have been other reports of the ISP throttling the volume of email messages from similar sites. Maybe make sure the insiders-emails@marriott.com address is in your contacts to prevent filters from considering it spam, or below are two alternate options. Thanks for your help and patience!

Alternative solutions:

You can always sign into your account to monitor updates directly from your communications page

Or you can send a direct message to NathalieF with a non-AOL email address and we can update your profile.

We will update this thread if we uncover any other AOL-specific tips.

I would like to see the communications page work like when I get a link through e-mail or when an Insider likes a post.  We are directed to the thread and taken to the post.  On the communications page it doesn't do this and is less useful.  I have been trying to use it and find it less desirable.

Any chance of a fix? NathalieF

I just checked and Insiders-email is on my contact list.  My blocked messages go to my spam file which I check every day.

So this won't help.

the thought of moving to another account makes me tired.  I will have to consider it.