6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2013 2:07 PM by GemPrincess RSS

San Mateo SFO Airport Marriott - Above and beyond

mikebinva Gold
Currently Being Moderated

This morning (jan 10) I checked out of the San Mateo Marriott, and was wished a good morning by the desk staff, a gentleman near the front door in a red greeter jacket, the doorman, and the valet.  I asked the doorman to get me a cab and as I was getting into it, I spilled my entire coffee onto myself and the taxicab floor.  I was instantly surrounded by the entire outside staff and the greeter who gave me paper towels, cleaned the cab, and even went inside and got me another coffee from the Starbucks in the lobby.  In about 60 seconds I was good as new and ready to head for my meeting.  Thanks all!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
San Mateo, California, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport
  • Re: San Mateo SFO Airport Marriott - Above and beyond
    GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

Very impressive!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

laurac Marriott Associate

Greetings, mikebinva, On behalf of Marriott associates around the world, we take pride in providing exceptional service for each and every guest and we appreciate you taking the time to post about these Marriott associates. We’ll pass along your comments to the hotel's management team for consideration of these associates for the Spirit to Serve award.

Best,

Laura & The Marriott Rewards Insiders Team

marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

I hear this is a very nice Marriott location and I'm staying here in May.  I'm looking forward to my stay.

richard37075 Platinum

My wife and I were scheduled to stay at this location last May.  We were staying on points, and the manager had graciously upgraded us to the 2 story suite.  We did have to cancel our reservation after the short hours of their shuttle from SFO came to light.  I had spoken to the front desk several times, and had asked about getting to their location around 10PM.  Never during these conversations did anyone mention the fact that their shuttle only ran until 9:00PM.  I happend to read the hours on Trip Advisor and called the hotel to confirm.  Sure enough, it only ran until 9PM.  I asked if they would cover a cab since they were advertising an airport shuttle as an amenity and had not posted the hours.  They declined to cover any taxi service, so I had to cancel the reservation.

The property did look very nice, and we were very much looking forward to staying there.  I just wanted to point out to everyone that the shuttle is not 24 hours like a lot of locations in the area, and you can not schedule an after hours pick up.

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

There are alot of properties in the directory that say they have shuttle service, but dont, or have limited hours.

I think the online directory should be kept up-to-date, and anyone that does not post their current hours for shuttle service should be liable for airport xfer costs.

Its misleading advertising, and can incorrectly influence a decision.

Sometimes its a minor inconvenience, other times its a major problem, like when I was traveling with a handicapped person who arrived before me, only to discover there was no shuttle.  Interestingly enough, when I arrived later, and they did not realize we were traveling together they told me I cam in too late (after 10pm), but my friend arrived at 2pm and was told a different story, that there is no longer a shuttle.

When discussing this the next day with the manager, he became very surly, and made it all my fault.  The only Marriott manager that has ever done this to me in 30+ years of staying in Marriotts.  I actually asked him if it was really a Marriott property.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...