12 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2013 3:00 PM by maryg RSS

Super Bowl Teams

maryg Marriott Associate Member
Currently Being Moderated

Now that NFL Playoffs are here, which two teams do you think will make it to Super Bowl XLVII in New Orleans?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• This reply has been hidden. This can happen if the message has been hidden by a moderator, or has been reported as abusive.
    • Re: Super Bowl Teams
      tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Pluto,

As you probably already know, that while I was rooting for the Seahawks, but I'd have rather have lost, than to see RG III hurt.  At the beginning of the game, I thought it was OK to have him playing, but by the second quarter, when I saw him hobbling around, I was wondering why they left him in there.  I was so worried that he was a target for injury.  I guess if he hadn't gotten injured, we'd all be OK with that, but I hate seeing players being risked for "the win".  I hope his recovery is as fast as it can be, and he returns to his full abilities again, soon.  It sounds like from 6 months to a year, from what I've seen.  It definitely had a huge impact to the really close game I was expecting for the whole game.  Here's to hoping the best for RG III and his recovery!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

Tryt,

I was quite squeamish watching him from the 2nd quarter on as well.  Worrying about a further injury with every Redskins snap took away from the enjoyment of the game certainly, and you could really see the difference in RG3's execution after his first knee wobble.  He just wasn't the same guy out there, and who could blame him?  Aside from that terrible tragedy (and it was), the Seahawks looked and played terrific, and I hope they clip the Falcons wings (she said, as MRI Atlanta fans descended upon her...)

In my perfect NFL playoff world, Seahawks "swoop" in for the win over Atlanta, the Niners "rush" Green Bay for the gold, Texans "lasso" Brady and Co. (sorry ProfC), and the Broncos "buck" the Ravens (in honor of Peyton doing such a great job with his new team).

Then the Texans "break in" the Broncos for their first conference championship rodeo victory, ahhhh here where it gets ugly again my friend, Kaepernick again takes the gold and leaves silver for Wilson,

And finally, Kaepernick and his Niners send the Texans "out the back door," home to the Lonestar state, to ponder their ill fated ride.

And don't wake me up!

Pluto,

Up to the "Kaepernick again takes the gold and leaves silver for Wilson", you had me .  I hope we get to that point.  It would make a great "Taco Match".  I would normally say the Seahawks wouldn't make it even that far, with that many road games, but apparently this team is so young that they don't remember the Seahawks don't know how to win playoff games on the road, and nobody has told them, so they're the "Little Team That Could" .  I have to put up a picture I love, also at the danger of getting all my Southern MI members fired up, but I think they all know it's in good fun.

SeahawksAtlanta.jpg

Nice.  That is a "wicked" photo!  (I will share it with my Washington cousins.)  I like your analogy of this team.  Let's hope it proves itself out.

lengeiger Platinum

I was thinking this weekend will look a little more like this:

309520_10151236045057842_518953198_n.jpg

Nice!  I'm really forward to a good game, with little injuries.  I don't want to see an RG III repeat on either side!!  Good luck lengeiger

lengeiger Platinum

Thanks tryt53!  It "should" be a good game. 

Now the final question is who Alabama will be playing in the Superbowl

You did mean Atlanta, right?  I was guessing you were having a BCS Playoff moment.

lengeiger Platinum

Oh no, I meant the Alabama Crimson Tide!  It's a joke running around the SEC after Bama trounced ND so badly...if that was supposed to be the NCAA championship game, then where does Alabama fit into the NFL playoffs.  Still, just a joke (although Bama could probably whip the Jags this year)

I had a feeling that your 'Alabama' was intentional.

disngl Silver

Hi Mary,

Any idea of a great place to stay in New Orleans for the Superbowl?

maryg Marriott Associate Member

Hi!

Courtyard has many great hotels in the New Orleans area, but if you do not already have a room booked already it's unlikely that these properties still have availability. With the Super Bowl being such a big event, hotels in the vicinity of the Super Bowl fill up months in advance.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...