12 Replies Latest reply: Dec 8, 2015 10:31 AM by ramoneur RSS

How can I rate and review a hotel of my recent stay?

prisca Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

How can I rate and review a hotel of my recent stay?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: How can I rate and review a hotel of my recent stay?
    californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I was told that we can't as of now.  They pick hotels and enter them.  If it is not there, that is it.  This is one of the things that I keep pushing for.  This addition would greatly increase the value of this site.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Greetings Prisca and welcome to the community - this feature is currently in Beta with limited number of test hotels available for ratings and reviews. Signed-in members may contribute a rating & review for any property or brand within each of the locations listed in Destinations. Scroll down to the " Rate & Review Marriott Properties" heading to see the list.

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Andy, Any plans to increase the number of hotels in the Beta, or when is it expected to get out of Beta mode?  I ask because most of the hotels I stay at, are not on the list still.  Thanks.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

There’s no official date at this time. With less than 300 hotels in the Beta I’m not surprised your travels don’t correspond. But I’ve got your back – I’m as just as interested as you are

red-in-la Platinum 1 Reviews

I'd be happy with a check box labeled "Not a Favorite"

macski69 Silver 4 Reviews

Unfortunately, the " Rate & Review Marriott Properties" heading is not in my Destinations list any longer. How can I write a review? I was not given this opportunity after my last stay nor on the Marriott webpage.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi MacSki69.  This feature has been taken down from the site.  I will share with you what communitymanager had posted in regards to this.

"Insiders, we’re listening and we appreciate all the feedback. We understand that Hotel Reviews is an important feature to the community. The decision was made to host reviews on the individual property websites due to digital and business implications. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. We value your feedback on this matter, and we have passed it along to senior leaders in the organization. While there are no plans to move Reviews back to the Insiders site, we fully support and encourage beginning threads for the purpose of reviewing properties. As always, thank you for being a part of the community and voicing your opinions and ideas."

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

You didn't just move the reviews!  You restricted our ability to review properties by limiting the ability to those who are selected by the property.  I have been invited to review only one hotel that I've  stayed at in 2015.

I'm greatly disappointed in Marriott's handling of this matter!

Platinum 28 Reviews

phctourist

We have been writing about this for over a year now and we are falling on deaf ears - the only way is personal blogs.

The fact that we have deeper insights as to what goes on at various properties have probably been seen as too dangerous (LOL)

My suggestion has always been to "keep pounding" and eventually we might get someone to listen to us.

macski69 Silver 4 Reviews

Thank you for your answer. It is a real pity since there is no possibility on the Marriott website as well and no possibility for improvement or compliments as is said by others. I have another membership with the IHG group where reviews can be posted without any problems on the website of the hotel. In any case, I still wanted to report a bad experience we had in the Marriott Freising last Summer where they gave us a room a few stories underneath a wedding party or such a like although it felt we were right on the dance floor and I had to get out of my bed get dredded and go down to the lobby to ask what was going on and for how long more. It ended up with having to move to another wing with luggage, wife etc. At least, there was another room but something they obviously could have anticipated before. I would not have expected this in a Marriott, but I am quite a newcomer having only spent 67 nights in total with the Marriott group until now.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...