This discussion is locked
Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

44 Replies Latest reply: Jan 11, 2013 2:11 PM by NathalieF Branched from an earlier discussion. RSS

Troubleshooting email notification delays

alrenaissance Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hi Gem. I am not really replying to you in this, but seeing if Californian is getting alerts one way better then another.

californian, time is 2:49 est. See how this works different, if at all.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Troubleshooting email notification delays
    GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

np

fyi...I am receiving alerts if that is of any help.  If one user receives them, and others do not, then ist usually a machine setup and connection problem.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Hi Gem. Cali has indicated to me about 6 times now she is having alert issues. So I sent her messages (with times) 3 different ways: direct reply, direct message, and a "mention" of her user name.

I thought that this may help to isolate the specific problem in depth somewhat more.

I feel bad for her as she is getting frustrated by this. I know I would be as well!

thanks for your help. I have not heard back from her yet based on any of the formats.

Hi Al,

I am having no problmes with messaging for direct reply, direct messag or mentions.

If other users are, after checking out basic maintenance items, its time to start comparing software versions.

Usually a problem like this is because of using older, newer or non-standard operating systems or web browsers.

Hi Gem.

I am familiar with compatibilty issues and the like. I was just trying some basic troubleshooting from my end to cali. Thanks.

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

This alert came at 10am this morning.  About 3 days late.  NathalieF

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

got it, thanks!

They stopped again.  After the batch of 111 alerts.  I found that you sent me some direct messages that did not get through like Als.  So it was not just alerts.

In an earlier post, Erc said he sent me a direct message and I still have not gotten it.

I am using 2 different operating systems on different computersx and different browsers.  To me, this would indicate the problem is at Marriott's end.

I really feel that it has to be in settings, like privacy, tracking or something since you are using 2 different computers.

I am bewildered.

Your problem is serious. Not getting alerts on a social site is like bathing without water.

My problems are more of an annoyance. I am going to look at some of my settings..

When I get a direct message, it shows up as an "alert" in the upper right corner, like when somebody starts following you. Otherwise it appears in the center of the upper right corner as a communication. I am going to start looking around now, to maybe do a comparison.

?????????????????????????????????????????????? - Al

California! II just got your Direct Message! No content in it (?) Click the down arrow to the right of your user name in the upper right corner, and make sure everything is set to on, and then follow the prompts to make sure you can get messages.Arrived at 9:50 pm est.

Just got this 3 days late.

I didn't get your direct message either.  I will try to send one to you and let me know if you got it.  The trick is for me to fine it.

It is now 9:25 est and I did not get your direct message. I did get this alert, and the ones you sent to Gem.

Took me another 3 minutes to log in as I was sent to the main gray Marriott page to log in. No direct message though. It still shows on my left column where I sent yours this afternoon.

Not good.

You say you are using a different computer. There must be something wrong in your settings somewhere I would have to assume. This is too strange.

Any suggestions for poor Californian ms. Gem?

You may get this message before her!

Greetings Insiders - here's the update as of 1/7/13 @ 9pm. We've already opened a ticket to investigate and to help troubleshoot, we have received a few sample email notifications which were received a day or so late. That will help focus attention on known issues and we'll let you know as we make progress or if we could use any additional details. Thanks for your patience and cooperation!

Thank you Andy. Really appreciate your prompt attention to this. I feel positive that we will get this situation fixed. Hopefully something simpler than at first imagined.

Al

al,,

I do appreciate your concern and assistance.

Using this site has been a real challenge.  I wonder how many more are having problems too.

I had the transfer to the Marriott "timed out" page and had to enter my password, it took me to the Marriott home page and I had to go through the clicks to get back into Insiders and then find the place that I was that.

I noticed that my comments were not always going to the place inserted. Is that what you have?

You are welcome Cali. I would have been very bummed out myself, so I just figured trying a few basics could not hurt.

I hope everyone is up and perking along in a day or two (or three!). I just figure that it might take a few for the tech wonders that be to do some problem solving, and then test out a few new things. That may lead to a particular problem or 2, but in the end I am hoping for seamless communication, maybe even better then before!

Al,

I am still missing most alerts.  My concern is that there are 2 others that we know of but how many more are missing out.  It is bad when I am not getting private messages too.  I assume that the tech people have already checked the settings.  They have been on this for about 4 days and if it were only settings, it would have been fixed a long time ago.

Maybe its the south pole effect???

Having read through several threads, Many are having one type of problem or the other.  I had one and then another and then another.  It is growing.  Others are having them too.  NathalieF Have you considered sending out a message asking MRIs to respond with problems and possibly those who don't, are not getting messages.

I also hate having to log in if I just want to check a price or get information on a hotel.  I suspect that some of my problems are associated with the cookies that Marriott puts on my  computer but again, I am now on a different one and it continues.

I had noticed that my participation counter had stopped for an extended time and they recently started again.  I don't think I have changed anything???

This is getting old.

Sorry for your recent frustration with email notifications but we're trying to pinpoint the cause and could really use your help.

californian you said you're "still missing most alerts" what does that mean?

It would help to know what you're missing and how you know they're missing.

Within each thread where you should (or want) to receive email notifications, make sure you see "stop tracking" in the right column under the "actions" heading. That means you've "subscribed to updates on that thread. If you see "track in communications", you won't receive updates unless you click that link.

I don't know till I look through and see comments that I didn't read and was not alerted.  I don't get any for this one.  Stop tracking is on.

I don't know till I look through and see comments that I didn't read and was not alerted.  I don't get any for this one.  Stop tracking is on.

Got it, that makes sense thanks. Do you see notifications of those replies within your communications page? For instance, does this reply show up within your communications page?

I just got a whole bunch of alerts.  No time to check now but will later.

I just counted and got 111 alerts in the last several hours.  As of yet, I have not looked at what I got and what threads that they are from.  Something must have kept them in some sort of hold.  I expect that most are delayed.  Any idea? 

They don't show up on the communications page till I get the alerts.

Cali,

Agree with you on the point of having to login if you just want to check a price, or access the directory of hotels, etc.  I don't mind having data collected on my behavior as a customer, as long as its not inconveniecing me.

GP,

You are right.  It is the additional time that it takes to log in for every little thing.

Cali,

Its especially annoying to have it timeout on you, after you are forced to log in to check prices and availability, causing you to login again.

I could understand if I was making a reservation, but really, for just looking up properties, it times out on you???

and then you have to re-enter the search criteria as well.

I have been having time outs too and it is a pain to log back in.  I might need to check air availability and each time, a few minutes later, can't check for different days without logging in.  I had been having the same with this site.  I am reading a thread and go to post and am timed out.  It makes me go back to the Marriott site and then back to insiders and then to find where I was.  This is not acceptable.

Agreed!

I could understand if I was in the middle of a transaction requiring a credit card. Then all the security is warranted.

but for an information search???

I am trying to plan trips while everything else is going on, so I do a hotel query and look partially at the first page (NYC generates alot of listings), get interrupted, but leave the page open to remind myself to finish up, but when I go back, just to go to the next page, it times out, I need to re-enter my login, and then re-enter my search criteria.

Annoying!

To consolidate this discussion, I am closing this thread but the conversation can continue in the newly branched thread, Side conversation - troubleshooting and emails