1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 15, 2008 1:31 PM by sonnyboy RSS

Hill Towns of Italy

donjuan Platinum
Currently Being Moderated
We recently found one of the greatest treasures in Italy. A small hill town about an hour North of Rome, called Civita di Bagnoregio. Only 14 people still live in  this town. It was built in the 7th and 8th century AD. There's one B&B, called Antico Forno, with three rooms available. If you enjoy European travel, this will surely be one of your favorite spots. This town is surprisingly hidden from the outside world. It only seems to be visible from two very small old towns, one of which is Bagnoregio, which is the only way to get here. We took the train from Rome's termini station to Orvietto. Then we took a bus from the Orvietto train station to Bagnoregio. Then we hiked across town to Civita di Bagnoregio. Rick Steve's has posted this town in his 2008 Italy guide. I've attached a few pictures of the bridge you have to walk across to get there, and also Antico Forno, the B&B. You can see my girlfriend Susan with her wind blown hair posing for a picture. I threw in a bonus piture of a lunch I ate near the Campo di Fiori. If you need any contact information about the B&B, please let me know.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Hill Towns of Italy
    sonnyboy Silver
    Currently Being Moderated

How far was it from Bagnoregio to Civita Bagnoregio and what was the price range of the rooms at the B & B ?

Sonnyboy

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...