3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 13, 2013 4:03 PM by NathalieF RSS

Zombie Threads

jkernitzki Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

What's up with all these threads that are—in some cases—a couple of years old with no current activity popping up to the top of the list? While the topic may be of some interest, and I have a mind to comment, I hesitate when I see the most recent post was in 2011 or earlier. Or is Jive just suffering from an extended New Year's hangover?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Zombie Threads
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

community manager has explained that this is caused by the community "archiving" certain threads.  that really explains nothing to me, but it may mean something to someone who knows about this sort of thing.......

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

I've answered them before thinking they were new because of the new date.  Once, I was nicely told that it was an old post given a new date.  Another time, it turned into interesting info.  Post to it if you have interest in it.  It might be interesting to others, also. 

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Hi jkernitzki - wanted to help clarify what you saw a few weeks ago and what you may see periodically. There are a couple reasons you could see older content surface as "recent":

In each case, they resurface in the homepage widget because there is recent activity. For a more comprehensive list of activity in chronological order, check out the Activity page.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...