5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 3, 2013 6:54 PM by californian RSS

2012 Summer Promo night usage

jkernitzki Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have three of the 2012 summer Promotion Free Night - Category 1-4 hotels certificates, and was looking at the Marriott Mexico City Reforma, (currently a Category 4 hotel) for early June 2013.  I noted that it was not bringing up the summer promo certs as available payment.  Is this because it's not a US property, or because there's a PointSaver promo during that period?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 2012 Summer Promo night usage
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

jk,

Were you trying to use all 3 certs on the same reservation? If so, that may be the issue. A buddy of mine that is a recent Marriott Rewards member scored 4 free nights over the last two promo periods. He wanted to head to Florida with his wife. He tried booking, with the certs, through the online site, but it never gave him that option. He called the helpline and they hooked him up.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

I've "tested" it successfully on other properties; up to three nights and it gives the option to use my certs, over that and there's no option at all. I'm probably going to use them elsewhere (stateside), but I was looking around at other places to take the missus this spring.

sg1974 Gold

I had the same issue when I tried to use all of my 3 free night certificates. I contacted the helpline and it was all sorted out.

Had a good stay at the world golf resort in st Augustine. A decent category 4 property. If you are into golf then this would be paradise.

After some more poking around and experimenting, it seems that the PointSavers offers are the culprit.  I checked other properties in the US and abroad, and the summer promo certs worked everywhere except where there's a PointSavers deal during the reservation timeframe.  I don't know if that's a program rule, or just an unexpected consequence in the booking engine.  It'd be nice for someone from Marriott to chime in with a definitive answer (and maybe some reasoning). No big deal, but a nice-to-know going forward.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...