1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 3, 2013 2:13 PM by vaboywnder RSS

Marriott Rewards nights: what counts?

glew Platinum 7 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just learned that the (10) nights one is awarded for renting a conference room does not count as 'real' nights on your Marriott Rewards account.  Weirder still is it counts toward your Silver/Gold/Platinum/PlatinumPlus status, but ONLY if it's not part of a promotion to achieve the status.  Yeah, I know, really confusing.

I had a promotion that if I accumulated (20) nights by Dec 31, 2012, I would requalify for my Platinum status even though I'd be short of the (75) nights.

With the (10) nights added from my conference room reservation, I exceeded the (20) nights, but, learned Marriott Rewards did not count the (10) nights toward the (20) night promotion!

I emailed MR Customer Service that the terms & conditions of the (20) night promotion simply stated 'nights' only to be told, 'sorry, promo nights don't count'.

WTH?  Anyone have any experience with this?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Rewards nights: what counts?
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

glew,

Thanks for posting this.  It's good to know that the 10 bonus nights is only good towards the yearly status renewal.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...