2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 11, 2013 10:50 AM by jhoang1977 RSS

Frenchman's Reef St. Thomas

dantt Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

What rooms or floors of the hotel would you recommend?

Have any Elite members been upgraded while using points?

Thanks

Dan

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
St. Thomas, Virgin Islands (US) Marriott Hotels & Resorts Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort
  • Re: Frenchman's Reef St. Thomas
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Dan, we were there about 10 yrs ago. We did get upgraded to an Ocean view w/ balcony in the main hotel.  The Morning Star, if I recall correctly, is a separate group of villas closer to the actual beach. We had a great time and really enjoyed the property and St. Thomas.

Unfortunately, I've been reading some less than stellar reports about the property recently.  You may want to do a search on here to get any updates. I hope things are back to normal.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Frenchman's Reef St. Thomas
    jhoang1977 Platinum 2 Reviews

We were there last June using points, I believe around 210,000 for a week. When we arrived, they said that there were no upgrades available (all I wanted was a balcony) and they gave us this room on the inside with high ceiling and windows that were 10 ft off the ground.  This was unacceptable.  After our overpriced dinner at the patio dining area, I searched online and there were indeed balcony rooms available. I spoke to the front desk manager and named the employee who told me that they were fully booked.  I also mentioned that I was able to see that there were empty rooms via Marriott.com.  Confronted with this info, she upgraded us to a oceanview balcony but this was after dealing with these people for well over 2 hours into out vacation.

The resort is big. The service is ok but the front desk staff are blatant liars. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...