3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 10, 2013 8:41 PM by jkernitzki RSS

Rollovers and keeping either Gold or Platinum

yosof Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

If I achieve enough nights for Gold to rollover but not Platinum, will I lose my Platinum status in Feb 2013?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Rollovers and keeping either Gold or Platinum
    lisaeholland1 Platinum 6 Reviews

I'm not sure but I know I reached more than Gold (68 nights) but less than Platinum (75 nights) , was feeling blue that I would lose my Elite benefits when lo and behold a package arrived with a Platinum Elite card. The letter acknowledged that I didn't have enough nights but that I had been renewed anyway. My hunch is that because I tend to stay at very high revenue properties and also frequently book multiple rooms ( for myself and my biz colleagues ) and that someone had the smarts to realize that it all that added up to a good investment. Given that I was considering moving to Starwood since I didn't have the Platinum bennies I feel this was a win win and am happy to stay w/ Marriott. Cheers!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lengeiger Platinum

That's good to know Marriott will do that at least occasionally.  Hilton did the same for me years ago and maintained me at Diamond for a couple of years even though I was scarcely qualifying for Silver (due to all those Marriott nights )

jkernitzki Platinum 2 Reviews

I had exactly the same experience with Hilton, keeping me at Diamond for a couple of years that I didn't have more than four stays or so for the year. I guess they gave up on me, I haven't received any challenges or the like in a number of years now.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...