4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2013 11:13 AM by GemPrincess RSS

Newark Airport Full Service Marriott - Christmas

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

The Newark Airport Marriott is another of my favorite Marriott'.s.

It is the only hotel (both Marriott, and competitors) that has a shuttle to and from the terminals making it very convenient.  All other properties, both Marriott and competitors have to use the P4 Parking stop on the airlink which is much less convenient and can be very congested.  Having stayed at the Courtyard in the summer because the Full Service property had no availability, and waited a long time for the Courtyard bus to show up, I noticed that the Full Service property bus has the most frequent service, besides being most convenient with terminal service.

I did arrive late, as the flite was late.  Traveling on Christmas is always a bit depressing, leaving the warmth and cheer of the family gathering for cold, crowded airport. Entering the Marriott lobby immediately cheered me up with the beautiful tree, and the fireplace images projected behind the front desk.  Upon checking in, my status was noted, but not that I have stayed at that property and frequently.  I was told the lounge was still open which was surprising since it was Xmas night, and fairly late, and that it would be open in the morning for breakfast which was great news.

EWR Marriott - Xmas Tree - 20121226.jpg

EWR Marriott - Front Desk Fireplace - 20121226.jpg

EWR Marriott - Chadwicks - 20121226.jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Newark, New Jersey, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott
  • Re: Newark Airport Full Service Marriott - Christmas
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

This sounds like a very nice place to stay.  I appreciate your reviews.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Forgot to mention, that the refrigerator was i the room per my profile though it is no longer visible in the new profiles.

They also put 2 huge fluffy robes in the room as well.

I love staying here when I am flying through EWR.

If I have an early morning flite, it is so convenient to spend the nite before there, and then a quick trip in the shuttle and I am at the terminal.

Or when arriving back from a long trip and bone tired, I can take a short shuttle ride to the hotel and rest up before the train trip home.

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

The Marriott Miami Full Service Marriott provides pickups to and from Miami International Airport every half hour!

I do love that property!

Usually I am cruising, so its all which cruise port we will be using (Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Tampa).

The hotel in Ft. Lauderdale use to be a challenge too.  It was a beautiful property right on the ocean, but had so much traffice,especially cruise traffic that they were really lax on loyalty services, not to mention their airport and cruiseport buses were jammed pack, and you had to actually reserve a spot on the bus.  That property is now out of business, not certain why, and there is a CY, one of the nicer ones, more conveniently located to the airport, though does not have the nice ocean views or choices in restaurants.

The Tampa Waterfront turned out to be a wonderful property, and I was really glad I switched properties after the initial night. The bad memories of that brief night faded away in the opulence and service of the Tampa Waterfront!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...