2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 24, 2012 11:32 AM by tker RSS

Were changes made to using marriott award points?

spattek Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am a Platinum Premier member with 185 room nights in 2102, 1841 total home nights in the program and currently have 1.3M points in my account.

I was saving them to transfer to Delta airline miles to use them for business class travel to visit my daughter that is serving in the Peace Corp in Madagascar.  I can't seem to find that option on the Use Miles section of the rewards site.  Did the program change?  Please tell me that's not the case!!!

As you can tell, I'm a very, very loyaly customer and hope that things haven't changed to make my point WAY less valuable to me!

Sheryl

• Re: Were changes made to using marriott award points?
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Sheryl,

Looks like there are a couple of ways to go.  In Marriott Rewards...click on "How to Use Points"...then click on "Travel and Unwind"... then click  "Air Miles"...You'll find a table, that includes Delta, that shows the conversion rate. I'm not sure if there is a maximum, but I'll bet a call to the Rewards people will get it figured out.

Another option is the Travel Packages.  tker has a tremendous blog, Maximizing Marriott Rewards Travel Packages: See the World.

This blog takes you through all the options with travel packages, including how to use the air miles separate from the hotel stay. These Travel Packages appear to maximize the point value transfer rate.  This tker is the boss for these deals. He's very helpful

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Were changes made to using marriott award points?
      tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

Thank you for the plug!!

The main difference between converting direct to miles and getting the TP is that the travel packages converts to FF miles in a ratio of 1:1. You do get the stays too.

Let me know if I can help in any way.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...