6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2013 1:52 PM by GemPrincess RSS

Hall of Fame - Nominations???

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Nominate your favorite properties here, and provide as much detail as possible about why you think the property has gone above and beyond to serve!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Romulus, Michigan, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Detroit Metro Airport Marriott
  • Re: Hall of Fame - Nominations???

p.s. Don't forget to add the property tag so that when we look at the 1st post, we see the list of properties we should all be funneling our business to!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Detroit Airport Full Service Marriott

This property is by far the best Marriott I have ever stayed at.  They go above and beyond with service to make you feel like a valued customer by

1) always acknowledging your Marriott status - in my case Platinum

2) acknowledging if you have ever stayed with them before.  The only other property that has done this for me is the Bangkok Oriental which was voted the #1 hotel in the world for many consecutive years.

3) checkin bonus & ammenities?  Yest, they often offer me both, especially if the lounge is already closed

4) excellent concierge lounge (cl).  Concierge (Sally) goes out of her way to have special treats, and the regulars all look forward to it.  You can tell who the regulars are as they greet you and explain what is great about the lounge.  Excellent breakfast as well.

5) CL closed?  No Problem!  You will be given coupons for breakfast in the restaurant, and coupons for snacks in the restaurant.  While many hotels will provide coupons for breakfast when the CL is closed, this is the only property that also gives coupons for snacks too.  The only other properties I have stayed in that so generously compensated for no CL or closed CL are all in Europe. The Grosvenor would automatically upgrade me to the Duchess Suite as they had no CL, and the Moscow Marriott also upgraded me to a suite when there is no CL.

6) Refrigerator in room as I have this in my profile.  While the new profiles no longer list this.  I have heard from other MIs that when they request a fridge they are charged for it.  I was very surprised to hear this, as I always get a fridge and am never charged.  Very helpful to bring back drinks from the CL and put them in the fridge to keep them cold.

7) Airport shuttle runs regularly to both the old and new terminals at DTW.  Never a very long wait for the shuttle.

8) Great Christmas Celebration.  Very nice hotel decorations, and on Christmas day they have a bowl of candy canes.  Attached to each is a gift tag that says how many additional points they will credit your account.  This year the one I picked was for 1000 points (in addition to the checkin gift of 500 points...which is more points than I get for a stay at RI given their reduced benefits).  Was very festive, and brightened up my day as it can be depressing if you have to travel on xmas day.

Location Brand Hotel
    Romulus, Michigan, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Detroit Metro Airport Marriott

Newark Airport Full Service Marriott

This property is a very nice airport property, and full service Marriott.  The services are wonderful, making the property very comfortable

1) Airport shuttle directly tot he terminal. This is the only property (both Marriott and non-Marriott) with an airport shuttle directly to Terminals A, B and C, and P4 Parking just in case you are headed to the parking lot or the airtrain to catch New Jersey Transit or Amtrak trains.  The shuttles run most frequently for this property unlike the EWR Airport CY, where I sat for the longest time watching the shuttles for every other Marriott proeprty go by multiple times.  The FS property shuttle went by more often than any other property. So keep this in mind when choosing between FS and CY at EWR.

2) always acknowledging your Marriott status - in my case Platinum

3) excellent concierge lounge (cl). Could not believe that they were actually open on Xmas night, late, and then early the next day for breakfast.

4) Refrigerator in room as I have this in my profile.  While the new profiles no longer list this.  I have heard from other MIs that when they request a fridge they are charged for it.  I was very surprised to hear this, as I always get a fridge and am never charged.  Very helpful to bring back drinks from the CL and put them in the fridge to keep them cold.

5) nice fully bathrobes in the room..

Missed Opprotunities

1) acknowledging if you have ever stayed with them before.  The only other property that has done this for me is the Bangkok Oriental which was voted the #1 hotel in the world for many consecutive years.

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

Miami Marriott Full Service Marriott

This property is 10 minutes from the airport, and a full service Marriott.  The services are outstanding.  It is opposite the Dadeland Mall (plenty of shopping) and Publix Supermarket (to purchase affordable groceries). 

1) Airport shuttle directly to and from the terminal. 

2) Usually acknowledging your Marriott status - in my case Platinum

3) Outstanding concierge lounge (cl). 

4) Refrigerator in room as I have this in my profile.  They also have in my profile, what newspaper is to be delivered to my door each morning, plus my bed and floor preferences.  At night, they provide free chocolates to those on the CL floors. 

5) Nice full bathrobes in the room

6) Shuttle Drivers know me by name and welcome me back

7) has outdoor pool and a nice health club

8) lots of meeting rooms

9) Nice restaurant (though on the expensive side) plus a bar with a lounge and full screen tv's in the lobby

10) Valet parking

11) Gift shop in lobby

12) business center (besides one in the CL

11) free faxing and printing

Lone6star,

Great review!

Am starting to see a pattern in superstar properties!

Thus far they are all FS properties!

Anyone with rave reviews on other Marriott Brands???

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...