3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 30, 2012 7:04 PM by boldie24 RSS

Platinum Benefits Not Given

jack2000 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Marriott suffers from a lack of execution. We recently stayed at the Chicago Oak Brook Hills Resort. This was our 3rd stay. As a platinum member I expect that the benefits earned are actually awarded. Was charged for items that are supposed to be included...like wifi service. I even have a note from the manager that they wouldnt charge and yet still did. After contacting customer service we have received no response. Why have cusotmer serive contacts if no one will respond? Also didnt give us credit for the nights stayed. At the bar they were to busy with one person to ask if ew wanted to order anything. We are busy with a guest on level two so you'll have to wait. A cup of coffee takes twenty minutes because we are wiping down the counters... you'll have to wait. We have contacted Marriott twice through its website and have not had any response. Its now become more important to get a response...Maybe we will just start using Hiton as we have priority status with them as well. Maybe time to just use one hotel group exclusively.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum Benefits Not Given
    NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Hi Jack and thanks for joining the community. I've forwarded your inquiry to customer support on your behalf to look into this further. Safe travels and happy Holidays!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

jack2000

I get the best response by calling the platinum line.

Just recently I had a situation where my reservation was canceled at the last minute even though I am platinum.

The property told me twice they would refrund the certificate but did not.

So I called the Platinum line and everything was taken care of immediately, especially since they had helped me book the property.

boldie24 Platinum 1 Reviews

Pick up the phone and call for personal service.  I know its offered, but contact through the web site will likely get you nowhere.  I think you will be surprised with the level of attention you get from the Platinum line.  The people there are fantastic.

Also, you should have taken care of the wifi charge when you checked out.  Flash your status or have them look for it online and poof, the charge goes away.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...