60 Replies Latest reply: Jul 1, 2015 8:25 AM by bravo4 Branched to a new discussion. RSS

JW Marriott Phuket Resort and Spa

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have booked the JW Marriott Phuket Resort and Spa for 16 April - 21 April 2013 as a Lifetime Platinum Member.

Is Breakfast included for Platinum Members?

Do they have a concierge level there?

What are chances of getting a suite upgrade?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Phuket, Thailand JW Marriott JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa
  • Re: JW Marriott Phuket Resort and Spa
    californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I was there several years ago and was not offered anything.  I think it is considered a resort.  I was there in Feb and it was hot and buggy.  It will be even hotter when you are there and humid as well.  The hotel has good food and offer a Thai cooking class that many enjoyed.  Be careful when ordering, the menu gives an item that you think you know what to expect but you at times get something different. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

I was there during some political unrest and they really checked vehicles entering the hotel, even the one that the hotel sent to pick me up at the airport.  I took some tours that the hotel offered and the best one, I was taken to a harbor and taken to a boat and then put on a canoe to see the most CIMG1587.JPGwonderful scenery.  We had to lay down in the canoe when entering some caves and once inside great scenery.

They have 2 elephants that the hotel owns and they brought them by every day for us to see.  We could buy some bananas to feed them and I rode one bareback for a real experience.CIMG1633.JPG

Thanks for the info...I will need to look into that boat tour you took..That sounds very interesting!!!

Check with the hotel.  I got one that included pick up and return to hotel as well as the boat.  Some people went to James Bond Island but said that this was better.

I think this was the one: Phang Nga Sea Canoe

Report back!

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Outstanding pics, cali....

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Beautiful pictures and scenery, californian.  Some of them remind me of my years in the Philippines, and going out to 100 Islands.  There are so many beautiful areas in Asia, and I've only seen a few.  Phuket definitely is one of the places I'd love to go.  Thanks for posting these.

The world is a big place.  The more I see, the more I realize how much there is that I havn't seen yet.

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

I have ridden an elephant several times, but always with a saddle.  Riding one bareback must have really been an adventure.  Was there a handler nearby?

The handler or trainer or companion to the elephants was nearby.  He would walk down the beach with one or the other and sometimes play with them in the ocean.  It was unbelievable how they played with the two of them playing like a kid with his dog.  The man would be under the elephants feet at times and you could see the complete trust he had in the animal.  It really looked as though they both had fun.

People could pet the elephants as well as feed them.  A few were allowed to ride (of course with a tip offered).

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

I have also ridden alot of elephants.

This one looks to be very young, and perhaps why there is no saddle yet.

klaus29 Silver

jassper 100

welcome  to my second home.  with  the concierge level you mean the lounge?  if yes not  1 hotel have a lounge there..

about the  Upgrate, make my methode, send a e mail  to the GM.  but in phuket  i think your change is very small.

many time all is fully booked.

i take alltime the  vocation clubs.  mai khao beach club, or phuket beach club, exctraordinaire villas with 2 bedrooms

i prevere the phuket beach club. more luxus, and  3 swimming pool. the  2 vocatiion club ,you can booked  with points.

for  go to a restaurant, autsite the marriott you neet  all time a taxi.  if you want  i make you the taxifree of charge

i have my car in phuket.  i wisch you and your family  a excellent holiday

Klaus, thanks for the info...Do you know the email address of the GM at the JW Phuket???

klaus29 Silver

yes, i know.  i am now in malaysia, will be back to phuket the 15/1 . then i will you send the adresse

striker1b Platinum

Jasper, I know you stayed at the JW Marriott Phuket a few years back, but could you or someone else possibly send over the GMs email address.  I am planning on going to this resort with my fiance, and have plenty of points at my disposal to use for an upgrade if needed.  Even though I am a platinum elite, I would love to have a special experience of a nice room upgrade for our 8 day honeymoon in Phuket.

I think Klaus is running for mayor of Phuket.  Be sure to cast your vote, Jasper.

tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

We have been here many times as Plats. (Since 2005.) We own a week at the Beach Club and add on days at the JW. When we are in the hotel, we have always received the breakfast buffet complimentary-even though they are a resort. Suite upgrades ARE part of the MR program for Asian properties. They have to be available, but at least you are eligible. GOOD LUCK.

The place is wonderful.

We usually charter a boat for the day from www.limestoneadventures.com to explore the outer islands and Phang Nga Bay.

You won't find a more beautiful property and nicer people.

Thanks tker..I am looking forward to the trip!!!

klaus29 Silver

jasper 100

have a look on  WWW.PHUKETDIRECTTOURS.COM     the James bond  island tour  1100 bath  with a pick up and bring back  from and to the hotel

with  a  minibus..Boat is includet . this  is  cheaper at  allone the taxi.    there  have more very good tours  have a look.  Dont  book with the Hotel.

Klaus  the old Fischerman from Phuket

Klaus the Old Fisherman?   I like that name....sounds kind of salty..  Merry Christmas, Klaus!

Klaus...are you sure about that website..I tried to go to it and did not get to the travel site????

klaus29 Silver

you right jasper 100   WWW.PHUKETTOURSDIRECT.COM  ..this adresse is 100 prozent correct.

i just see now  for the transport from  patong, karon beach is  free.for the island tour. you stay in  mai khao  is 200  bath per pers  the transport  5 euros pers.plus

klaus29 Silver

jasper 100

you will stay  in the JW marriott  phuket only 5  days . if  its me  i book 2 tours  1  james bond island  or ko phipi  island tour

and the  half day phuket tour.  the city from phuket is no so intresting, but then he bring you  to  3 places exctraordinaire.

to the  what  chalong temple ,  like this you know you are in thailand, then to the big budda view point.  anf then to  the

phromthep cape.. from there you can see   all the andaman see.....................dont  take the 1 day tour  you will spend

the ather half day only in a factory, then in schell schops.   schure the driver  hope you bye samethink. like this he get

a commission.

take the half day tour , 100 prozent you will like  the different places.

Thanks Klaus....Appreciate your suggestions!!!

klaus29 Silver

jasper 100

you try  the  new website?

Great restaurant just off property called Kindee. The owner used to work at the JW.

klaus29 Silver

tker

yes  this is a good adresse.    jasper  100  go to google  you will see  the menu  from this  restarant.,  not expensive , cheaper at a bootle

of beer,  at the  bar  from marriott..

Will check this restaurant out when I am Phuket!!

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

What a great thread in it's entirety.  Good local tips and advice.  This is why I love Insiders.

Fantastic photo, Californian.  Fantastic memories, I'm sure.

Thanks Pluto,

This is why I would like to see better organization so threads like this can be found and pulled up with more ease.  Hope this will be part this years project.

pluto77, californian

As a current MI stewart, have proposed to CM a better approach to indexing as well as having SMEs.

We have a skelton we are working on now.

I have also tried to cross reference some of the more frequently discussed locale's like Paris, Vermont, NH, MA, ME, etc.and am hoping that CM offers some new technical approaches as its hard to keep the low tech cross reference I have tried, up-to-date.  Am also using these cross referenced lists to identify SMEs based on how active the participation is and the quality of the posts.

For this thread it seems that klaus29, tker and californian have first hand information after spending time in Phuket and are assisting MIs like jasper100 in planning upcoming trips.

any others you would propose as SMEs?

I, for one, appreciate your efforts.  There is so much really good information on this site but it hard to find it when you need it and harder for one who doesn't know they exist.

This group is so willing to help others and share information, it is just a matter of being able to channel it to those who need it.

john14727 Platinum 1 Reviews

I have to agree with the other posts, the resort is wonderful. We were there in March 2012, received daily complimentary buffet breakfast and were upgraded to a nicer room (as a plat). The upgraded room was not ready, so they provided our original room for the afternoon so we could rest if we chose. We explored the resort and when we came back from a walk around the resort, we found a huge fruit assortment and a bottle of wine ( this was in addition to getting my 500 points as a plat gift). Later, they contacted us and moved us to the upgraded room. Overall, the service and the resort were top notch.

By the way, you'll love the Thai taxi drivers, they cut corners on road bends like you wouldn't believe.

klaus29 Silver

jasper 100

i hope you have my different messages now.  here  my post  with the E MAIL  from the GM  JW marriott phuket  wars take away

Thanks Klaus..I got in touch with the GM at the JW Marriott Phuket and they offered me the room upgrade!!!

klaus29 Silver

hi jasper 100

i am happy for you.  please  explaine  to all insider  only this way work..  and not custumer care,  or  all ather phone line from Marriott

only  if  you contact  direct   the hotel,  you have a change for get a upgrate.

klaus29 Silver

i just  check in 2 Days ago , the 26/1  to the  09/02/2013  the  next door ,to  the Phuket beach  Club.  i find the  2 weeks on exchange with interval.

only  nice  villas   here.. 

Jasper,

When I was there, I did not get breakfast and would go to the bakery in the evening.  After a certain time they reduce all 50% and I would but breakfast for the nest day.

Were you in the hotel? Are you Gold or Plat? You should have gotten breakfast. You will not get breakfast if you are in the timeshare units.

In hotel and am platinum about 4 years ago.

That totally sucks. We have been getting plat breakfast since 2005. Last time was 2011.

When I am in Thailand there is only 1 thing I want for breakfast, and that is Jok, which is the thai equivalent of cereal and milk.  This not only a Thai breakfast, but variations exist in most of the southeast asian countries and China with the only variations being the ingredients added to the rice porriage. The link has a list of Thai breakfast dishes, and Jok is #1.  We stayed in the Dusit Thani hotel, and the hotel dining offered this with several choices, chicken, duck, pork or shrimp. It was fabulous.  You can also find Jok at just about any local restaurant open for breakfast or roadside stands, and its very reasonable, even in the hotel dining room.

http://www.eatingthaifood.com/2012/01/thai-breakfast-food-dishes/

travelbug100 Gold 10 Reviews

Hi just stayed there and loved it: Is Breakfast included for Platinum Members?[Yes] Do they have a concierge level there? [Yes] What are chances of getting a suite upgrade? [Not great...they had 80% occupancy]

We check in next week! (Also doing 4 nights at Krabi at the Ritz.) We have been to the JW Phuket before. Are you sure they have a concierge level? I know they provide breakfast in the restaurant. (Nice-since as a resort they don't have to.) But I cannot remember a lounge or a sep level that is concierge. The resort is so spread out with many types of rooms though I might be wrong.

travelbug100 Gold 10 Reviews

Hi tker you're correct(I was confusing it with the JW Bangkok). The JW in Phuket has no Concierge section. Thanks!

JW Bangkok has one of the best lounges in all of the system. We loved hanging out there. Glad you enjoyed your trip. We are COUNTING the days until we depart--Sunday!

striker1b Platinum

tker -- how was your experience.  I am traveling to the Phuket JW in January of 2016 and wanted to make sure we made the right decision to cancel the Renaissance and go with the JW.  Is this the correct decision?  Also, did you have any luck getting upgraded as an elite member?

We had a wonderful time. Just there this past January. We were upgraded to a nice suite. Breakfast was provided. It's one of our favorite places on Earth!

Here's an email address:

mhrs.hktjw.mvci.vacation.experience.planner@marriott.com

striker1b Platinum

Whose email address is this?  I just wanted to see how to address the email?

Were you provided free breakfast based on the rate you booked at, or was it a benefit they provided to you.  As I booked the trip completely on points, I was not sure what would be available.

Sakanang Luangrat | Vacation Experience Planner | Marriott Vacation Club Phuket Beach Club

They were very helpful to me. Confirmed my upgrade request before arrival.

I received breakfast based on my Plat status. Although a resort, they provide breakfast to both Golds and Plats. One of the best breakfast buffets you will ever enjoy.

bazzap Platinum

And the name of the JW GM is Oriol M.

General consensus is that upgrades as Elite members can be more consistent at the Renaissance, but as tker says you can get them at the JW too so good luck.

striker1b Platinum

Do you by any chance have his contact information so I can reach out directly to him?

bravo4 Platinum

Hi All,

I'm new to these forums. I'm Marriott Platinum and trying to decide between the Beach Club, the JW and the Renaissance, the latter of which has the best reviews. I assume the latter two give Plats breakfast? I will have two teenage boys in tow. This is for late July.

Thoughts?

TIA!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...