2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 22, 2012 6:49 AM by fschumpert RSS

Soon to be Platinum

reddawn37 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I just wrapped up a stay at the JW Marriott Grande Lakes in Orlando this morning to finish up the 75 nights I needed for platinum status for 2013.  Thinking of heading to Chicago over the holidays when visiting some family in the area.  Anyone have any good experiences with getting upgrades as a Platinum in the windy city?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Soon to be Platinum
    boldie24 Platinum 1 Reviews

I have had no luck with upgrades in Chicago but YMMV.

How was your stay at Grande Lakes?  Going there in April.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Soon to be Platinum
      fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

You might know that Chicago is a "convention city", particularly with through-the-year trade shows at McCormick Place (SE of city) and at the Rosemont (near O'Hare), so getting upgrades during these times might be more difficult. Any hotel downtown, especially along North Michigan Ave. , will generally be expensive, regardless of time of year. Even while attending trade shows downtown, I've often stayed outside the city in Lombard, Oakbrook (West of I-294), Woodale, Rosemont and Des Plaines (NE of city) and drive into the city parking at McCormick Place. You have to negotiate the in-outbound traffic on Kennedy and Eisenhower Freeways during peak times, so anticipate up to one hour commute, however.

If you like Italian food, my all-time favorite is Tuscany, 1014 West Taylor in Little Italy, SW of the city. If you're driving it's easy to get there from downtown, or you can take a taxi.

Fred

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...