4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 22, 2012 6:56 AM by fschumpert RSS

Recommendations for Omaha, Nebraska

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Do you have a recommendation for the Omaha, Nebraska  (or nearby) area?  I am thinking we might have the opportunity to spend a few days in Omaha in June so we can cheer for the Razorbacks in the College World Series.  (It was announced today that they are ranked #1 in the pre-season college baseball poll.)  The rates are already reflecting the Special Event rates.  Might be interested in using points.  Thanks for your help. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Omaha, Nebraska, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area
Omaha, Nebraska, USA Courtyard By Marriott
Omaha, Nebraska, USA Fairfield Inn By Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites Omaha Downtown
Omaha, Nebraska, USA Fairfield Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Orlando Convention Center
Omaha, Nebraska, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Residence Inn Omaha
  • Re: Recommendations for Omaha, Nebraska
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

The downtown CY or FFI are the best locations for proximity to the ball park.  The other marriott properties aren't all that far away, but you'll either have to drive and find parking, or go to one of the locations where you can catch the shuttle to/from the ball park.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

Thanks for the info, Nu.  I was hoping you could steer me in the right direction.  I guess you know our teams will be facing each other in Lincoln on April 16 and 17.  The series falls between home SEC games against LSU and Texas A&M.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

I may try to see one of those games in Apr.  I've never stayed in the FFI downtown, but have stayed at the CY plenty and almost always upgraded to a suite.  If you stay there, part of the hotel is a remodeled old warehouse, and part is/was new construction.  The older part seems to have the better suites.  But, staying on points during a special event probably won't result in an upgrade.  Still, the location is great...a little bit of a walk to the ball park, but not that far.  Plenty of good places to eat near the hotel or the ball park.  Try a Runza if you've never had one.  Pure Nebraska!  Let me know if you want advice on other things to do/see.  By the way, you might want to go ahead and reserve a room, and cancel it if necessary (hopefully not).

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

If you stay downtown Omaha, suggest you eat dinner at Sullivan's Steakhouse, South 15th St. You will never eat any better onion rings - and the steaks are also delicious! Bring a hearty appetite with you!

fschumpert

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...