8 Replies Latest reply: Dec 21, 2012 5:13 PM by sooner_born RSS

Just short of Gold--when do Elite Qualifying nights post?

sooner_born Silver
Currently Being Moderated

It looks like I'm going to end up 4 nights shy of Gold this year, so I've been looking at ways to earn the extra nights. (I was deployed to Afghanistan for six months, so I missed about 5 travelling months last year and three this year; other than that, I would have been in easy. I also missed the opportunity for Taste of Gold.)

I was discussing this with a coworker, who mentioned the card. He said that when he signed up for the card he earned 15 elite qualifying nights immediately. Based on that, I'm interested in the card. However, the web site only mentions 15 nights each anniversary. I called the Chase line and was also told by two reps that the nights are only earned each anniversary.

I also e-mailed MR; they referred me to the card as a way to earn nights.

So, are there credit card special offers available that will earn nights up front? If not, I'll think about the card but am on the fence. But if there is a way to earn the nights, whether for 2012 or early 2013 credit, I'm in.

And if not, I'll be looking at hosting an "event" to get the 10 free nights, but other ideas are welcome.

[Also posted to flyertalk]

Thanks!

Jonathan B.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Just short of Gold--when do Elite Qualifying nights post?
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

sooner_bom.

First of all, Thank-you for your service to our country! 

I really think Marriott will work with you and grant you The Gold Status!

If you have a problem, I will ask Michelle to take 10 nights of stays from me and give them to you!

Thank-you again for you service to our country!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

sooner_born Silver 60 Reviews

Jerrycoin,

You're welcome! I debated mentioning it, as I don't want to fish for sympathy as I had a pretty easy time as such things go, but I do want to explain the circumstances so that I'm not just some Silver guy who whines about coming up just short. And I do appreciate your thanks very much!

What would you suggest I do for working with Marriott? I did e-mail MR through the web form, and their referral to the credit card (which I'm still considering) was the only advice given.

sooner_born,

Do you have Oklahoma connections or history?

Hope you do!  "You're the reason God made Oklahoma"!

Try to contact Michelle/Andy who run this site.  They can direct you in the right direction.  If you still have a situation you need some help, get back to me.

We will find you support on this site!

sooner_born Silver 60 Reviews

Thanks!

Yes, I'm from Oklahoma. Born in OKC and went to OU.

sooner_born,

Congratulations for being a "Sooner and a Veteran"!

Many people on this site including NU Husker, salute your service and you!

I hope Marriott can help you, I think they will!

Let all of us know how it goes, I am sure we can support you and your travel desires!

Stay in touch, and Merry Christmas!

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

sooner_born,

If you call the Marriott Rewards Customer Service they might work with you, to help you get it before the end of the year.  Also, you might not care if you get it until after the first of the year, because depending on how many nights you had rollover from the previous year, you may get 36 nights rolled over to next year.  Ask them, if you want to make sure how many rollover nights you'd have at the first of next year.  Also, if you book a conference after the first, you'd then be right at 46 (if 36 nights roll over) and should be easy to get Gold status from there.

sooner_born Silver 5 Reviews

I did call Marriott Rewards and walked through the options. I rolled over 12 from 2011 to 2012, so I'll only roll over 24 to 2013. The agent offered no tips other than applying for the card. He mentioned that many prefer to have their nights deposit in Jan at the beginning of each year. That would put me at 39, or 49 with an event, which wouldn't be too bad.

I've also messaged Andy and Michelle per jerrycoin's advice and sent Michelle my account #.

Thank you all!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...