6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 19, 2012 4:21 PM by GemPrincess RSS

Do folks regularly tip the attendants in the concierge lounge?

m2 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Do you sometimes tip?  How much?  If you are staying more than one night, do you tip at the end of the stay?  I have occasionally observed a tip, but haven't seen indications that tips are routine.  I feel a little guilty buying glasses of wine, but including no tip, especially if I get a little extra service.  On the other hand, I really like to leave my purse in my room and make my way to the lounge unencumbered.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Do folks regularly tip the attendants in the concierge lounge?
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

M2,

Here is a link to the same topic back from the summer:

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/message/60616#60616

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

M2,

I missed contributing to the thread that vaboy has highlighted..... For your info, I tend to tip the CL attendants on the last day of my stay.

floridatravels Platinum 9 Reviews

i always tip- $5 at breakfast even if all i have is coffee and fruit and $5 evening. More if i have drinks also. If the hotel doesn't have CL and they give you a free breakfast in the restaurant don't you tip the wait staff??  this is not different.  And i tip the housekeeper everyday also.  If i am staying for multiple nights i try to just exchange towels and i still tip- these service folks work hard and to show a little appreciation wont break the bank. it might be their job to give you good service but it is nice to show you appreciate them.

FYI and you dont need to carry a purse to have a five for a tip- stick the 5 in your pocket or the sleeve you carry your room key in.

sdbroker Platinum

I agree with floridatravels.  I tip very well for all my services, I have a belief that the person receiving the tip is one of the best to make the economy grow faster.  I don't buy much 'stuff' anymore, however the service person is typically younger and spends all they get.

bigmrm Platinum

It's definitely a "sometimes". When they are helpful, I certainly leave a tip, though I rarely see others doing so. Most of CL attendants have been very good -- attentive, helpful and friendly. Unfortunately, I feel too many have been rude and uncaring, almost to an unbelievable degree. I'm really pretty easy going with service staff -- it's a tough job and many customers are less than friendly. But even I'm shocked sometimes :-(

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

I tip for special requests, like getting me restaurant reservations at a property that is difficult to get into, running errands, etc.

Usually $20 for special requests upfront, sometimes more on the backend if they are especially difficult and time-consuming