3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 16, 2012 9:11 AM by mikiegfla RSS

Marriott Visa card anniversary certificate

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I recently passed the anniversary date on my Chase card and the certificate was placed into my account.

Today I got a call from my son who wants to go to San Francisco for a few days over the holiday period and wanted to know if I could spare some points. When I called the Plat line to make a reservation using the category 5 Cert, I was told I couldn't transfer it to another person even though the reservation is being made through my account.

Has anyone found a way around this or is it a solid policy that only the account holder has to use it?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Visa card anniversary certificate
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Mike,

I've only worked around by showing up at check-in... not an option for an out of town reservation.

I end up keeping the Cert. for personal use and using points for the friend/relative in need.  Sorry I can't provide a better solution.

Good Luck.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

I agree with pp,

I think you'll need to make the reservation for them with points, and keep the certificate for your own use.  The only way I know to use the points for your son, would be to transfer the needed points for the stay, through the Platinum line.  Or, as another thought, maybe you could use some of your points to buy and send him a gift card?

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

I'll have to agree with both of your replies, just keep the cert and use points.

Just doesn't seem right, we bend over backwards for the company and in the end they won't honor a simple request. It's not as if they are paper certificates which can be sold over eBay.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...