6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 17, 2012 9:15 AM by eb5147 RSS

Holiday Decorations - Concierge Lounges & Hotels

tparzinger Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

When I recently stayed at the Marriott Dallas City Center property, I visited the redecorated Concierge Lounge (I believe that this was a former Westin property).  The Concierge Lounge is nicely decorated and very large.  The two great attendants thought it might be the largest hotel Concierge Lounge in the USA.  Being Texas, that might be the case.  My only criticism was that there were no holiday decorations!!!!   The two attendants indicated that they would see what they could do later in the week.  Sadly I left Dallas and did not check.  Does anyone care that Concierge Lounges have some holiday spirit???  For that matter, should individual hotel properties reflect any holiday spirit???

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Holiday Decorations - Concierge Lounges & Hotels
    californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I was at Desert Springs in late November and they had already set up Christmas decorations inside and outside.  They has a really nice tree and some nutcrackers inside.  It was nicely done.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

enileuqcaj7 Silver

I always appreciate when the hotels get with the season.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

are you saying the HOTEL didn't have any decorations, or the CL did not??  If the CL did not, but the HOTEL did, I have no problem with that.  In fact, I have been in several CL's over the past 3 weeks and I cannot remember one that had any Holiday decorations.  However, each of the properties had stuff up in the Lobby. 

By the way, the Stamford Marriott Hotel and Spa is offering free drinks to all Elite members in the CL throughout the Holiday season.  Nice touch.

sg1974 Gold

I like to see the decorations. We recently stayed in cologne & the concierge lounge as well as the lobby were decorated. It added to the nice hotel experience I thought.

erc Platinum

Just enjoyed a delicious Aloha Hour, as mentioned here on Insiders  (terrific half priced wines, beers, and appetizers that could serve as meals, like wagyu beef sliders & lobster potstickers) at the Roys in the JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort in Scottsdale, Az. The entire property was gorgeously decorated in the sights and spirit of the season. Gingerbread houses, being constructed by the chef while we were there, poinsettias, wonderfully decorated trees and displays throughout the huge lobby all created a terrific atmosphere (the Redskins victory of course, added a lot to the holiday spirit). Terrific job Marriott.

We then drove to the Westin-Kierland resort (also nicely decorated, just a notch below the JW) where they showed what was called  'Paintscaping', lovely computer audiovisuals on their outdoor, twenty-plus story high courtyard walls, along with holiday music. Combined with the small crowd of young children (meaning; perfect crowd size of 15-20, just enough to bring the joy and excitement, but not be overrun by them) gasping at each nutcracker, reindeer, and toys, a wonderful atmosphere of the season was created next to the firepit (it was 40 degrees) enjoying our hot chocolates. Now, off to hike up Camelback and then onto a snow coverered Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon. Happy holidays to the great group of Insiders, who by sharing ideas, enhance the travels of all of us.

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

Your description really makes me want to go there next year, erc.  Sounds like a wonderful trip.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...