13 Replies Latest reply: Dec 19, 2012 7:27 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Need 2 more nights for Platinum - can I get these by paying but not staying

wally3433 Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

To get me to Plat. Status, I need two more nights.  Can I make a reservation at the cheapest hotel I can find, not show up, and just let the charges hit my credit card and then get credit for the night?  Has anyone done this?

I'm seeing some hotels for $47 a night this weekend, so I though that would be an easy way to get me over.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Need 2 more nights for Platinum - can I get these by paying but not staying
    vickisocal Platinum

Nope.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Need 2 more nights for Platinum - can I get these by paying but not staying
    taxman415 Platinum

No... You would have to check in at the hotel in order to get credit... After checking in it would up to you if you wanted to stay or not...  Hope this helps...

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

wally,

If you  check on booking a conference close by, you may be able to book a conference room in a Courtyard or something like that, for any reason at all, for 10 nights credit.  I know when I checked around here, that was going to cost me about $150 and I would get 10 nights credit towards your level (make sure you get a signed contract, with your Marriott number and confirm that all is correct with customer service).  Just another option, in case you want to pay a little and not stay.

Tryt53 - I like that idea for next year.....when I will probably be scratching again to keep platinum

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

tryt53,

In addition to booking the event don't you have to book 10 hotel rooms as well to get the 10 nights credit?

From the Link you provided

"As a Marriott Rewards member, you will receive 3 points for every $1.00 US up to 50,000 points or 1 mile per every $1.00 US up to 15,000 miles for each rewarding event.  You will also receive 10 Elite nights for each qualifying event, booking 10 or more guest rooms for at least one night.  For more information on booking an event, call 800-831-4004 to speak with a Marriott representative."

vaboywnder,

You don't have to book rooms to get the 10 nights, although that would get you 10 more nights.  i had set one here for the Courtyard in Tacoma, and verified that I would get 10 nights for booking just the conference room, even for only a few people to just hang out for a work session, and I was going to the the 10 nights at a cost of $150 for a whole half day.  I didn't need to do it, but will keep that possibility in my pocket for future years.  Just need to make sure you get the signed contract, have your Marriott number on it, and I would confirm that I will get the 10 nights from the hotel, along with customer service, before I actually sign it, just for a warm fuzzy.

wally,

Here is a link to how to do this, put up by one of our members:

How to book a rewarding event

m2 Platinum

I suggest you call the platinum service desk and see if they will help you bridge to status without the final two nights.  For example, if you didn't qualify for your "birthday night", they might add that on.  Or just give you the status with the missing night or two.  Worth a discussion.  I haven't tried this, but understand that some have managed to successfully request something like this.

M2 - I did in fact do this.  I actually need 2 nights to get me to 73, then they will push me over the limit and give me platinum.  I have one more "missing stay request" pending.  If I get that one, i'll be over the hump.  If not, I'm just going to book the cheapest hotel room in the area for a couple of nights.

Thanks for all the advice.  After discussing with MHGA over the phone several times, they pushed me over the top.  I had alot of nights that did not qualify because they were very low revenue, airline negotiated rates, so they just made it happen for me even though I was at 71 nights.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...