7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 31, 2014 1:54 AM by beauvallonboy RSS

ICE! Promotion - give it a try....

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Howdy - I just received the Marriott email: Save on Holiday Magic at Gaylord Hotels promoting the holiday season ICE! event.

We done this a couple of times at the Gaylord here in DC - alas, before it was a Marriott property. It's a fun holiday event, great for kids and families.  Frankly, it's simply not something you see every day.  If you've never experienced high-end Chinese ice carving (although I can't confirm that Gaylord still imports ice carving teams from Northern China, but that's what they used to do), it's hard to grasp the scale and the intricacy of the work.  It's truly extraordinary.

And, if you never been to a Gaylord, well, it's as close as you can get to Vegas (without the gambling and the vice) without, uh, going to Vegas....

* as for the tags, below, it appears Gaylord isn't in the tag options (yet), but there is a Residence Inn directly across the street (and you have to go outside to get to the ICE! event either way), so....

Happy Holidays!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
National Harbor, Maryland, USA Residence Inn By Marriott TownePlace Suites Corpus Christi
National Harbor, Maryland, USA Gaylord Hotels Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center
  • Re: ICE! Promotion - give it a try....

An update (for when winter rolls around) - Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center | Seasonal- even though the Gaylord is now a Marriott property, you could also consider the Residence Inn, directly across the street - it just got a favorable review here:

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/reviews/2016

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

I' need to get a Gaylord stay set up. I love the National Harbor area and have stayed at the Res. I'm thinking about late June/ early July.

I'm re-posting to this old thread for anyone thinking of visiting the DC area this winter...

Details here (for 2014-2015): National Harbor ICE! | Christmas Events in Washington D.C. at Gaylord National Resort

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Thanks for sharing, ssindc! I actually went to ICE! last weekend when I had some family in town - it was COLD (they keep it at about 10 degrees F), but absolutely worthwhile. It is targeted towards the kiddos (this year's theme is Frosty the Snowman), but they include a lot of neat facts and information on how the ice is carved, how they make the colors, where the ice comes from, etc....

Has anyone else done this in year's past, or something similar? Let us know!

randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

We visited the XMAS ice show at the Gaylord in Dallas a few years ago.  Definitely interesting.

ninabrackeen Platinum 23 Reviews

I stayed with my boys at the Gaylord Dallas last year and we definitely had a good stay. My only gripe as the parking was so far and the valet was complete chaos. Arrive and depart by helicopter if at all possible!

beauvallonboy Platinum

Yes, I actually visited the Ice sculptures back in winter 2011/12 at Gaylord Hotel,National Harbor, Maryland even though it wasn't a Marriott property back then.  I preferred the Keybridge Marriott (The oldest standing Marriott Hotel) for its proximity to everything even though it isn't the most up to date hotel vs. National Harbor being across from Alexandria