9 Replies Latest reply: Dec 20, 2012 8:08 AM by dougsteele RSS

Once - Broadway Musical

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have front row tickets on December 29th (8:00PM) to see Once the Musical that won the Tony award for Best Musical 2012 (winning 8 Tony awards including Best Actor - Steve Kazee). This was based on a 1997 movie "Once" in which the song Falling Slowly won the academy award for best song!!!  I am looking forward to seeing this musical and hearing the song below:

Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova Live at Sundance! - YouTube

From the Broadway Musical - Once

Steve Kazee and Cristin Milioti - Falling Slowly - YouTube

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Once - Broadway Musical
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Jasper,

That sounds like a great time!

Thanks for sharing this with us, and please let us know how it is!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

Are you going to any other shows?  Have a wonderful time.

Yes..on 1 January 2013, I will see Book of Mormon for the second time...Looking forward to seeing it again with the new cast to see how it is versus the original cast. The 2011 Tony award best actress in a musical is still in the cast!!!

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

This is my cousin's favorite play (Book of Mormon), and he is a really picky guy about drama being an actor, director and producer himself!

Yes..Book of Mormon is my number one on my list of broadway musicals that I have seen and I have seen many!!!

gllobalwizzo Platinum 2 Reviews

Hi Jasper100,

My wife wanted to go see Once for her 60th Birthday.  We made the trip about a week ago. Stayed at the Newark Airport Marriott.  Good rates and easy transportation using Air Link and NJ Trains into the city.  The Newark Airport Marriott doesn't have the lounge open on weekends and this is one hotel that doesn't do a weekend breakfast for even Platinum members.  Staff was nice and shuttle drivers very pleasant and helpful.  You can actually walk from B terminal to the hotel if you don't mind climbing over the barrier next to the road. 

We walked up to Dolly's Bakery on 305 49th?  some of the best hot chocolate and coffee in the area and reasonable.  Biscuits looked really good, but couldn't eat anything else.  Walked from there to the theater and got in line for the matinee

I'm not a big play person, but I enjoyed the show.  Get up on stage for a drink and stay until they run you off.

I had checked the JW Marquis on times square, but rooms were $600+ and wrote that off.  Went by there and asked about upgrades, lounge hours, and breakfast.  No lounge on weekends, no breakfast either.  The lobby was on the eighth floor and the place was pretty much loud an noisy.  Waiting time on the elevators, noise, etc. alone would eliminate me wanting to stay here.

Have fun.  Take comfortable shoes.  My wife walked me 11 miles the first day and about 7 the second. (got to sit down for the play.    ) 

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

gllobwalwizzo,

That is a wonderful report!

I could not agree with you more about The JW, I am not on an expense account

This information from Jasper and your is appreciated.

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

Jasper,

Thank you for those.  That is a really worn guitar, isn't it?  I wonder where she's from in eastern Europe?

It's nice to have imaginative people like them, and her voice complimented his so well.  She is so shy and he seems so proud of her. 

dougsteele Silver

Jasper,

We saw Once right before the Tonys.   It is a wonderful play.  Get in early and go to the bar on stage.

You have to catch the JW Marquis at the right time.  We are going to NYC to see Wicked in January.  AAA rate on Saturday was $223 and Sunday and Monday was $207.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...