3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 9, 2012 5:00 PM by painedplatinum RSS

Why doesn't Gaylord provide standard Marriott rewards benefits?

jpcbos Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

After NO response from Marriott Rewards support and calling the hotel several times, finally told that since the conference had 'paid/comp' my room, no room/night credit and then no credit for food/beverage @ Gaylord? Guess I need to convince my event management to find locations other than Gaylord for future events.

The LACK of any response from Marriott Rewards (I faxed information) after 3+ weeks is also disappointing ...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Dallas, Texas, USA
  • Re: Why doesn't Gaylord provide standard Marriott rewards benefits?
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

I wouldn't be happy with the Rewards team, either. The minimum response should have been acknowledging your issue and a promise to get back to you.

I'm not sure what paid/comp means. Are they saying your group paid for, lets say, 100 rooms and the hotel comped 5..... and you happened to stay in one of the comped rooms?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jpcbos Platinum 2 Reviews

Yes that is correct. I happened to stay in a 'comped' room. After being told that Gaylord wouldn't provide credit (nights), I asked about credit for the meals/drinks, to be told that Gaylord does not provide for 'extras' re: Marriott Rewards. As you noted, Marriott Rewards Support should have acknowledged receipt of my request for the add'l nights and then informed me of the status. I am have not heard anything yet from Marriott Rewards Support.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

I just read the Rewards earning section for Gaylord. It seems that they only apply points to room rate. That's a shame. A lot of people on principle will steer clear of spending for food and incidentals. I copied below from marriott.com....

New Gaylord Hotels

Earn 10 Marriott Rewards points or 2 air miles* per US dollar spent on your room rate at participating Gaylord Hotels®, and experience rewards on a grand scale. Known the world over for magical getaways, each Gaylord resort celebrates its destination with spectacular settings, luxurious rooms and world-class entertainment, dining and shopping under dramatic atrium roofs.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...