7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 11, 2013 12:45 PM by johnl RSS

Missing Credits for stays

myquestions Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

again and  again I have to send in supporting documentation to claim stays and/or points not received. Again and again no action is taken by Marriott Rewards, phone calls do not help, I am just being asked to resend the documentation. I have done this by regular mail, Fax and email with attachments without reply or action by Marriott Rewards.

As a Platinum Member I should not have to sped time and money on phone calls and mails to Marriott Rewards at all. I am getting fed up with this "no service, do not care" attitude of Marriott and may sooner or later go with Hhonors where I am already member.

Question: Am I the only one experiencing this with Marriott or is is a common problem?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Missing Credits for stays
    jimaruba Gold 1 Reviews

I think it is a common problem with their customer service. Missing stay fax info sent and nothing happens. When call back a week later they say not processed because something missing from fax----in fact it was attached to the fax!! Why cannot Marriot contact you if there is a problem or "perceived problem"?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

missgee Silver 40 Reviews

Hi there.  I ran into all kinds of problems with missing stays.  Check out this thread at the following link.  You'll notice my post in there regarding the quick response I received.  I used the Online Contact Form linked and it couldn't have been easier.  So thrilled that my months long issues were resolved so quickly and painlessly.

Marriott associates help answer your Rewards questions

mrgb Platinum

My points when I stay are often wrong (something to do with paying by debit rahter than credit card at one hotel)

But after several of these, I just now drop a reply to the same email to the the same support directly each time I stay. He contracts the hotel, gets a copy of the bill and adjusts the account accordingly.

Its a bit of a pain, but I've never had to send in the receipts, he gets the hotel to send them, so in theory the hotel gets a bit of a telling off each time as well.

So yes, it does happen to others.

Mr B

141 Paid nights last year and NOT PP :-(

pointjunkie Gold 2 Reviews

We have a similar situation.  In my mind, we stayed 28 nights at Marriott in 2012. But we were only credited for 21 nights.  My husband thinks it's because one week was "purchased" with Marriott Rewards Points.  My contention is... we either spent money on our Marriott credit card to get those points or used points from a timeshare exchange to points.  We paid money for the timeshare purchase as well as the annual maintenance fees.  Therefore, good money is spent either way.  While the extra 7 nights doesn't get us to the Platinum level, it's the principal.  Any thoughts???

seattlebb Platinum

I totally agree.  If you stay at the MVC timeshare you get nights credit for the stay...but if you exchange that week for  MR points (for a fee) and use those points for a stay at a different Marriott property you get no nights credit.  Makes no sense!

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

I've not had a problem with getting credits with Marriott stays.  I've been a Marriott rewards member since 1994 and in those 19 years I think I have only had two stays that were not credited to my account which were quickly fixed after contacting customer service. All of my reservations were booked through Marriott's website or through their Reservations line.  Always make sure your rewards number is listed in the reservations.  Remember only paid nights count towards elite status.  Also booking through a 3rd party may result in not getting credit for your stay as well.

johnl Marriott Associate Gold

Hi Myquestions,

My suggestion is to contact Marriott Rewards customer service either via phone or email to have them research why your stays are not posting automatically.

Go to: https://www.marriott.com/suggest/default.mi for contact info.

Thanks,

JohnL

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...