3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 7, 2012 10:58 AM by painedplatinum RSS

Innsbruck, Austria

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

An industrial city located about an hours drive from Garmisch, Germany, has some interesting scenery as well.  It really is in a lovely valley surrounded by towering mountains.  In the Winter time you can wake up to this, which makes traveling a challenge, but the locals don't seem to be "Fazed" by large quantities of snow and bad weather.  I actually thought more people were out in the snow, and trying to find a place to park, makes a "Bad situation way worse"!

IMG_2873.JPG

When you see 5 new inches of snow out your window "As you wake up", you wonder where you will be able to get to today!

Well after "Loading up" on Chocolates for gift for Christmas, on a "Whim", I decided to take the hour long drive back to Innsbruck, Austria.

IMG_2879.JPG

This historic shop is located in "The old part of town" and is historic!

IMG_2880.JPG

The drive was spectacular!

IMG_2884.JPG

What better way to spend a day than Christmas Shopping at The Innsbruck, "Christmas Market"?

Hope you enjoy!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Innsbruck, Austria
  • Re: Innsbruck, Austria
    lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

Hope you weren't driving when you took that picture of the highway!  Otherwise, thanks for letting me visit Austria inexpesively!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

lone6star,

Yes, I was driving!

I hate driving in the mountains, but could not resist the scenery.  If you go to this part of Austria, i could save you a lot of time and money and say "Stay in Germany"!

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Thanks JC. This is a very nice write up. I've never been to Austria, but it is certainly on my list.  The only thing I know about Innsbruck is they were an Olympic host in 1964. I was just a lad, but I can recall sitting around the tube with my family being in awe of the sights and sounds.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...