4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 7, 2013 1:14 AM by eb5147 RSS

Do the "Other Tour" when visiting Istanbul..A Special Treat!!!

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

"The Other Tour" is a guided cultural city tour in Istanbul, Turkey. Instead of museums and mosques, it takes people into real Turkish environments like neighborhoods, schools, family homes and local cafes in Istanbul.

I have posted many videos of our "Other Tour" below:

the other tour istanbul - YouTube

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Istanbul, Turkey
  • Re: Do the "Other Tour" when visiting Istanbul..A Special Treat!!!
    arez Member 10 Reviews

Thanks for this post! After watching the videos you linked to and checking out the website (www.theothertour.com), I decided to participate in "The Other Tour" on a recent trip to Istanbul. I couldn't have been more pleased or excited with how the day went.

As is mentioned above, this tour goes to great lengths to avoid all of the traditional tourist attractions. Tour participants are truly that - participants - not just bystanders who walk around like robots, listening to the guides without making any contributions. Because of this the tour becomes an 'experience'. We EXPERIENCE the culture. We EXPERIENCE the people. We EXPERIENCE the way they live. This makes the day truly memorable.

I don't want to give away too many of the details, but just know that the tour takes you EVERYWHERE. You will see and experience all sides and aspects of the city. The rich as well as the poor. The modern as well as the traditional. At the end of the day you will come away with a very complete picture of Turkey and Istanbul.

Come with an open mind (and belly). Be prepared to laugh, learn and actively participate.

Flight to Istanbul: $500

Hotel Room: $200

Turkish Rug: $1000

Memories and Experiences on The Other Tour: Priceless

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Do the "Other Tour" when visiting Istanbul..A Special Treat!!!
    tynee Member 7 Reviews

Oh I have jasper100.

I was in Istanbul this Summer and I got to participate in the incredible tour that's known as The Other Tour. I completely agree with everything arez says. I had an absolutely amazing time going around Istanbul with brothers Fethi and Bulent. They are not only fun and smart but also incredibly interesting people, to say the least!

I, too, recommend everyone to join The Other Tour if you want to have an unforgettable experience in one of the most beautiful cities in the world.

http://i1.wp.com/www.theotheristanbul.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/The-Other-Tour.png?resize=650%2C350

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...