4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 23, 2012 1:26 PM by anadyr RSS

Kids in Concierge Lounges - NOT!

samcoronado Platinum
Currently Being Moderated
I am getting frustrated with the number of kids that are in the concierge/executive lounges. In some, the kids are "parked" while the parents go out. They run around and worst of all, pick food up, taste it, put it back, or eat more than an acceptable portion. I work hard to maintain my Platinum status and appreciate the Concierge Lounge as one of the benefits. I do not appreciate the lounge being "upsold" at check-in, nor do i appreciate dodging children and leaving because of the noise level of the children. What happened to the quiet retreat that it was intended to be? If the lounge is going to be "upsold", or offered to children, have a separate "Family Lounge". . . and PLEASE institute a dress code. Guests in bathrobes getting coffee? That's an ick factor.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Kids in Concierge Lounges - NOT!
    mikieg Platinum
    Just like you I've earned my stars as a Platinum member, however, I really haven't experienced this at any of their properties. Is there one in particular that you visit where this is the norm? But I agree, totally unacceptable.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

makkberger Platinum 1 Reviews

I completely agree that lounges should be reserved for gold and platinum members that have earned their status and not upsold, and that those entering should be properly attired.

However, when traveling with my family, it is nice for all of us to use the lounge together.  Perhaps the difference is that my daughter (9) and son (12) have been raised to exhibit good behavior in public settings and not run around unsupervised.

Personally, I am more irked by loud-talking, boisterous guests who have over imbibed and don't respect other guests or the lounge staff's attempts to maintain a more subdued atmosphere.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Some properties do restrict children under certain ages.  One comes to mind, London's Renaissance at St. Pancras.  The CL was very valuable to me on a recent stay in London where I had a chance to peacefully relax and visit with another MI.

Overall, I get my desired items and take them back to my room.

Thanks for your post samcoronado!

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Agreed, there should be some kind of self-policing of lounges but since that is not working then the attendants need to be aware of common standards of dress, decorum and kid attendance.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...