4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2012 3:55 PM by mrrich RSS

Lifetime Platinum Premier?

phillybased Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

If someone has been a Marriott Rewards member since 1989, has been at Platinum status for the last 10 years, has over 1,400 night stays and over 3,000,000 points why are they not lifetime Platinum given the information posted about the qualifications?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Lifetime Platinum Premier?
    vickisocal Platinum

I'm guessing you already are Lifetime Plat, but just don't know it because your current status of PP is higher than Plat.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Hi Phillybased,

It's a good question.

I believe one of the criterium for lifetime platinum is 12 years.  I'm not sure if it's 12 years in the program, or 12 years from first achieving platinum, but there have been lots of posts here on Insiders referencing the criteria.  Do a search on lifetime platinum in the search box for more info.  If I or anyone find the link to the Marriott webpage that spells out the criteria, we'll post it.

Here's one post:

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/message/51584#51584

Also, look to the right of the screen for the header in orange 'More like this.'  Those threads might help.

mrrich Platinum

As noted above, they probably are Lifetime Platinum (they certainly should be).  But unlike some other programs, there is no welcome/ceremony/etc when you hit that level.  You only find out when you fail to meet PLT criteria one year but are kept at the level with your lifetime status.  There have been mixed stories on some people getting welcome letters while at the status, some MR cards with an expiration date of "never", etc.  But I've reached lifetime silver and gold levels, closing in on platinum, and I'm never received any indication.

MR has announced that they are changing/modifying/formalizing the "undocumented" lifetime status for the upcoming year, so I suspect in the future it will be more obvious, such as SPG's "Lifetime ***" notation on the member cards.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...