6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 12, 2013 5:34 PM by eb5147 RSS

WOW!!  Great service and responses!

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I'd like to commend several individuals for excellent response to my request a few days ago.  Though they would probably have responded similarly, regardless of status, it was one of the first times I truly felt like the Platinum status had meaning - and I thank them all.  We are very much looking forward to our upcoming trip and I now know I have a handful of individuals on which I can call to help make the vacation memorable!

Michelle L. (Rewards Insiders) - I dropped a brief note to Michelle, asking her if she might have an email address for the concierges at the Ghent and Brussels Marriotts, where we will be staying in April.  She responded very quickly, and set off series of responses from others - VERY IMPRESSIVE!!  Thank you.

Delphine K (Brussels Marriott) - Early the next morning, following Michelle's reply, I received an email from Delphine, acknowledging my upcoming trip, my status as Platinum and offering her assistance, as our vacation approaches.  I know I will be reaching out in the coming months and am confident the responses will be quick and thorough!

Isabelle T (Ghent Marriott) - The morning following Michelle's response, I received an email from Isabelle, offering her services and providing all the contact information I would need.  I posed one question to which she immediately responded.  I have heard and read so much about the Ghent Marriott's excellent service, are seeing it in practice and look forward to our trip.

Debra (from the Platinum Customer Service desk - 800# - I did not get her last name, but she provided her direct extension, if I needed further assistance).  She called, as follow up, to be sure I heard from the properties and that my questions were answered.  Thank you!!!

To all, thanks for your Spirit to Serve and your willingness to make our trip special.  Greatly appreciated.  I have been a member of the Marriott Rewards program for 24 or 25 years now, have always been a big fan of your properties and look forward to many more great stays in the coming months and years!

Very best regards,

Lou Martel

Platinum Elite

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Brussels, Belgium Marriott Hotels & Resorts Brussels Marriott Hotel
Ghent, Belgium Marriott Hotels & Resorts Ghent Marriott Hotel
  • Re: WOW!!  Great service and responses!

FYI - I believe it was Deborah M. in Customer Service, as she was copied on Delphine's email.  Thank you all for your responsiveness!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

laurac Marriott Associate

Greetings psudad, On behalf of behalf of Marriott associates around the world, we take pride in providing exceptional service for each and every guest and we appreciate you taking the time to nominate each of these Marriott associates for this important award. We’ll enter these nominations for consideration of the Spirit to Serve award.

Best Regards,

Laura & The Marriott Rewards Insiders Team

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

I love to read stories like this!  Keep them coming and have a great trip!

laurac Marriott Associate

Greetings, psudad,

Thank you again for helping to acknowledge these associates and their outstanding service! As a result of your nomination, Delphine K. at the Brussels Marriott Hotel has been selected to receive the Marriott Spirit to Serve award. Associates are honored to hear that they exemplify the values instilled by JW Marriott, and it means more knowing the recognition came from you, our valued guest.

Best,

Laura

Will be making this trip very shortly and will share our adventure with Insiders!!  Can not wait!!!

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

So good to hear. 

I wanted to post about my experience with Marriott CS, too.

My son has some friends who were notified that his brother had gone into a coma after a diabetic shock and heart attack.  His sister had called them after she found him unconscious and he was in the hospital.   He had just found this half brother a few months ago after his wife Angel found him on the internet.  They didn't make it to Gulfport, MS from Columbia, SC before the brother died.

Tomorrow, they'll be going back to SC and were going to stay in Montgomery, AL for a night to make the trip easier.  I made the reservation for them using points.  Aaron, with CS confirmed with the hotel here that they had a ground floor, handicapped room with a roll in shower since she's in a wheelchair.

Later, my son realized that they had Una with them.  Una is a Husky pup who is in training to be a service dog, but doesn't have her registration yet.  I called CS back and they said the pet charge would be waived since Una is in training and they have her registered.  The pet fee is $75 and is non-refundable.  I was so happy that the charge would be waived.

The RI here has also been really nice in trying to work with us in trying to hold the room after I thought they might want to book it last night until I could check with them, but they were in too big of a hurry to get to MS to stop last night.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...