12 Replies Latest reply: Dec 31, 2012 4:54 PM by razorbackfan RSS

Erc and Andy, how 'bout that Griffin Boy?

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just finished watching a great Monday Night Football game (NY Giants vs. Washington Redskins).  So how 'bout that Griffin Boy?  He's definitely someone to watch.  Very impressive.  He definitely has my attention.  Best of luck to the Skins for a successful finish to the season.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Washington, District Of Columbia, USA Courtyard By Marriott Protea Hotel Delta
Washington, District Of Columbia, USA Courtyard By Marriott TownePlace Suites Dodge City
Washington, District Of Columbia, USA Courtyard By Marriott TownePlace Suites Oklahoma City Airport
Washington, District Of Columbia, USA Courtyard By Marriott Renaissance Santiago Hotel
Washington, D.C., USA
  • Re: Erc and Andy, how 'bout that Griffin Boy?
    erc Platinum

We were all thrilled around here in the Nation's Capital, just to be playing a Monday night game in December against a division rival with actual playoff implications. The fact checkers can no doubt correct me if necessary, but I'm pretty sure (after chatting with the exuberant neighbors on the block) that last night's victory was the Skins first MNF win since 1996.  RG III is the real deal and as shown last night, deserves to be a team captain of an NFL team at the age when many haven't finished college. He lifts the performance of the entire team, including a heretofore average (w/o Brian Orakpo) defense. Alfred Morris is exciting as well, setting the Skins rookie rushing record and along with Griffin, an NFL rookie yardage  record. The DC sports future looks bright with them and the Nationals and all the young talent, the Caps undefeated in December, and the hope that we might one day get an NBA team. Thanks for the shout out, it's been a long, strange trip, indeed.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

You think RG3 will play this week?

erc Platinum

I'm getting the vibe that Cousins starts and RGIII, who would love to play and no doubt is bugging Shanahan, only comes in if necessary.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

RGIII has really brought back the energy for football fans in DC - what a great game last night. He's so charismatic with the media and always gives the team credit ahead of himself, despite his individual efforts. The Skins have had some pretty lean years so I have to say I'm more of a Ravens fan, but that makes next weeks matchup all the more exciting .

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

Great for the skins to win last nigh!  Now it improves everyone else's odds of obtiaing a playoff spot!  Need to know the Giants out of the playoffs.

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

I fell asleep during the 4th quarter so I didn't know who won the game until I read the paper this morning.  I like to see RGIII run the ball.  He is so fast.  The announcers commented on how often he is hit REALLY hard.  They showed a few clips of some of the clips.  Ouch!

Going to have to brag a bit on our own west coast rookie quarterback, Colin Kaepernick.  He has breathed new life into the San Francisco Forty Niners, and is just great fun to watch (along with sublime veteran Frank Gore).  I have plenty of (admittedly grudging) respect for Brady and Company, which perhaps made last night's victory all the more sweet for the Niners, who have been wandering through barren lands these many years.  (And about that grudging respect... it's what kept us from enjoying SF's 28 point lead, as we are all too painfully aware of what Brady can do late in a game and coming from behind.)

Perhaps we might see a match up between RGIII and Kaepernick in the post season.  What a great game that would be (the most epic post season games are usually pretty early on.)

erc Platinum

HTTR - takes away a bit of the pain of the Nationals heartbreak. Even more fun than an upgrade!

Agreed!  RG3 and Wilson next Sunday.  Should be a memorable game.  It is possible that if the Redskins beat Seattle and the Packers beat the Vikes, we may see that RG3 and Kaepernick match up!  Grab you seats, it could be an epic post season!

artisttraveler Gold 17 Reviews

A reluctant congrats to all in DC area from a P/O'ed Giants fan! It's been a long time for Redskins fan so it's good to spread the success around!

Wait'll next year.

(I'm still fuming over the Yankees collapse......)

iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews

Don't you mean Blake Griffin?? 17 in a row for Clipper Nation a.k.a Lob City!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...