3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 13, 2013 1:11 PM by tef6178 RSS

Missing gift card

b_moore Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I recently redeemed points for two gift cards.  I only recieved the one confirmation and one of the gift cards that I redeemed, however my points reflect that I used enough for the two gift cards.  Does anyone know what direction to point me now?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Missing gift card
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

bmoore,

Can you add a little more info? When you say "redeemed points for two gift cards".... how did this happen? Was it on line? Did you call and have a Marriott rep assist?

If it was online, did you receive a confirming email?

Your marriott.com account should show how and when the points were deducted. Is it possible that the entire purchase was put on one Giftcard?

In the end, it's always best to call the Customer Service line and explain your situation. They have a Giftcard department that can track your purchase and usage. I'm sure they can straighten this out to your satisfaction....good luck.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

travlinman Silver 2 Reviews

I just had a similar issue and was directed by a service rep to www.ecerts.americanexpress.com.  Once there, both of my certificates were available for print. 

One caveat, due to the graphic on the ecert, the file is over 21Mb--not convenient for fast printing.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

bmoore:

These gift cards have registration numbers on them. When they are sent the numbers are recorded. You can call the number on the gift card 800-442-6132. Ask them about your account and the missing gift card. Both should have been sent at the same time. If they do not have the answer, they will certainly be able to direct you to the place where, if the card was sent and not received, they can cancel the gift card and re-issue another.

I always register my gift cards on gifts.marriott.com because then I have an online record I can refer to if I have a problem while on the road.

Good luck!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...