1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 5, 2012 2:31 PM by kharada46 RSS

Platinum Renewal

eh4k31st Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

It appears that for the third consecutive year I will be having some end-of-the-year surgery that will likely impede my annual progression toward Platinum status.  As of today, I have a total of 71 nights of the required 75.  I'm guessing that with the accumulated bonus nights from spending (1 night/$3K), I will still be a couple of night short of the 75.  Is there an alternative way to secure the additional couple of nights needed to renew my Platinum status, or would it be beneficial to book/pay for the necessary nights required for renewal, even if there would be no intention of staying those nights

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum Renewal
    kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Book at meeting at any Marriott property.  For each event you have, you will ear 3pts/$ spent plus 10 Elite qualifying nights:

Rewards travel: Book events at Marriott and earn Marriott Rewards for yourself

The event need not be a major event.  You can book a 1 hour meeting and still get the credit.  Just be sure you are issued a contract and that you keep a copy of the counter signed contract for your records.  Also be sure to tell the event manager that you are a Marriott Rewards member and that you'd like to be credited for the event.  There is no space to indicate this on the contract, so you will need to convey this information separately. 

Hope this helps!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...