4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2012 9:24 AM by razorbackfan RSS

Baltimore, MD Inner Harbor suggestions

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We are thinking about staying in Baltimore for a couple of days during our trip to Washinton D. C. since we haven't visited the area in more than 10 years.  If you have stayed in the Inner Harbor area, what hotel would you recommend?  I have looked at the Renaissance Harborside, the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront, the Springhill Suites Inner Harbor, and the Residence Inn Inner Harbor and they all sound nice. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Baltimore, Maryland, USA
  • Re: Baltimore, MD Inner Harbor suggestions
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

The Fairfield Inn is also very nice. It's been our choice the last couple of times in Baltimore. Great staff and location. We've stayed at each of the properties you've listed. Keep in mind, there are two Marriotts, one is right by the stadiums and the Inner Harbor and the other is up the road a bit. The Marriott Waterfront is the one that's a bit further from the harbor. It's a beauty, but not in the center of the action.

Since you'll be in the DC/Baltimore area, you may want to consider Annapolis. The Marriott in town is a bit pricey but has an unbeatable location. There are also a couple properties a short ride away. The tour of the Naval Academy is first class and very informative. It's another very nice walking town with a sea lovers feel.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

We went to Annapolis the last time we were in D.C. (October 2010) and unknown to us, it was the big boat show week-end.  We enjoyed walking around, but it was very crowded.  We do not plan to rent a car on this trip, but I'll keep the suggestion in mind for a future trip and check out the event calendar before we go.

The Fairfield Inn in Baltimore looks like a great location.  I am going to call the other FS hotels tomorrow to see if their concierge lounges will be open or if they will be making other arrangements for elite members breakfast and evening snacks.  If nothing is offered, then I'll certainly check out the FI.  Thanks for the information.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

If cost isn't an issue I would recommend the Renaissance property. It's centrally located in the harbor to shops and restaurants.  Also most of the rooms have a Harbor view.  I stayed there once on New Years Eve and had a great view of the Fireworks from my room.

Thanks for the suggestion, vaboy.  They have a $127 rate for the nights we want to stay, so right now that's where we are planning to stay.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...