2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 1, 2012 11:38 PM by painedplatinum RSS

Thank You promotion

av Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Hello everyone!

I am a Gold Member and Marriott Rewards CC holder.

Somewhere in October I received a promotion to stay 14 more days (instead of almost 30) by the end of the year to maintain my Golden status.

In a middle of November I received 15 bonus nights from CC. Looks like these nights are not counted to apply to this promotion.

So, now, without applying these nights, promotion started to look really strange: stay 14 nights by end of the year, when I need only 9 (It will be less eventually) by February.

Here are the terms:

1. Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit towards this promotion.
  2. Marriott Vacation Club owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for credit.
  3. This offer is not transferable.
  4. Some Elite benefits vary by participating brand.
  5. All Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions apply.
  6. See MarriottRewards.com for details.

But I am actually wonder, why bonus nights are not applied? It is not clear for me from reading above terms and conditions.

Do I need to do something to my CC to move anniversary to the beginning of the year?

av

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Thank You promotion
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

av,

The "Thank You" promotion you mentioned is a way for Elite Members to renew their current status for a lower amount of paid nights.  As you mentioned Promotional Nights like those earned from Marriott Credit Cards do not apply in this promotion.  Only the Paid nights will count in the "Thank You" promotion.  Some things to keep in mind , Elite renewals take place in late Jan and the renewal is based on the total number of nights earned in the previous calendar year.  Also if you fall short a few nights of renewing status Marriott may still renew you at the same level.  If you do not get renewed at the same level you can always contact Marriott Rewards after the fact and discuss options like cashing in points to renew your status.  I hope this helps!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Thank You promotion
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

av,

My guess is Marriott is making an attempt to keep you at Gold. It seems like you now have two ways to get there. You can take their challenge and stay the 14 nights or the conventional way of racking up 50 nights through the end of the year. If your CC nights moved you closer to 50 than 14, it would seem as if that's the way to go.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...