9 Replies Latest reply: Dec 2, 2012 10:16 PM by lone6star RSS

Should I stay 1 night to get gold?

markhamh Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I am 1 night shy of earning gold status. I'm sure that the answer is somewhere on the website but I have not been able to find out how long you retain your status after you earn it. Is it worth it for me to stay 1 night to earn gold status before the new year? Will I lose the status on January 1st and have to start over again? Sorry this is a rookie question but I couldn't find the answer anywhere.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Should I stay 1 night to get gold?
    jkernitzki Platinum 2 Reviews

Your status is retained through the next year, so you'd be Gold through 2013 if earned in 2012.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Like Kernitzki says, if you achieve Gold this year, you'll retain it for all of next year.  As far as whether or not it's worth it, is the cost of one night's stay worth an extra 5% bonus point earnings, free wifi, possibility of free room upgrades, gold status elite offers, free breakfasts and CL privileges (except weekends in the U.S.) at full service properties for all of next year?  It would be for me.

jeffl Platinum 1 Reviews

I would stay the extra night. The difference between Silver and Gold is pretty significant.And as others have pointed out you will reset on 1/1, whereas if you earn Gold you'll keep it for the entire next year whether you stay another 50 nights that year or not.

kroywen Gold 11 Reviews

I would definitely  stay the extra night.   It is well worth it to "rise to gold".    And welcome to the Insiders.    As a former newbie I can attest to the value of checking in frequently.

nanaglo45 Gold 3 Reviews

I agree with all of the above!!

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

Do it, it's well worth it!

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

Gold is the key threshold  go for it  as you get the conceige level. Beyond that it is more questionable but gold for sure

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...