6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2012 5:21 PM by nuhusker RSS

Can one get points for 2 rooms during the same stay?

cpo Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I am staying at a property for a weekend (actually three days) and some relatives are going to join us for the last two nights.  Can I book/pay and receive points for that second room, or just get credit for my original room.  Thanks!  I assume I can only get credit for one room, if not, members would always pay for rooms to get credit and get paid back by the persons staying in the room, but not sure.

Thanks, I'm sure this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it on my search function.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Can one get points for 2 rooms during the same stay?
    john14727 Platinum 1 Reviews

Yes, Make sure both reservations are in your name with your MR Number. Doesn't matter who ends of paying. I have done this a couple of times and have gotten the points, Plat bonus, and nights counted for both rooms. I think the limit may be three rooms per stay... not sure on that

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

cpo Gold

Great, it said the booking limit was two rooms under my name, but i didn't realize I could get the points for both rooms.

john14727 Platinum 1 Reviews

Just thought of one other thing. I had separate reservations. Not sure if that matters

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

I recommend seperate reservations in your name with marriott rewards number  to ensure you get points and nights credits for both rooms.  Once I booked two rooms under one reservation and did not get the extra nights credit for the second room.  When I book rooms on different reservations I always get points and nights credits for both.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Vaboywnder,

The same thing happened to me this summer.  Booked two rooms and only got credit for one.  Actually, come to think of it, I booked one room for 4 nights.  When we arrived at the hotel, I believe we spend the first night in the room, then the second morning, I booked a 2nd reservation for a second room for the remaining 3 nights because we needed the additional space.  I did not get credit for the 3 nights in the second room.  When I called and asked about it later, I was told that Marriott only awards credit for the for the actual room that a member stays in.

Apparently this rule is not applied with consistency.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

pluto, your understanding, and the info received from Marriott is correct...points earned for expenditures for both rooms, etc., but EQN only for room occupied by MR member.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...